Affiliation: Semmelweis University
- The mechanism of plasmid curing in bacteriaGabriella Spengler
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical Centre, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Curr Drug Targets 7:823-41. 2006..Plasmid elimination in vitro provides a method of isolating plasmid free bacteria for biotechnology without any risk of inducing mutations...
- Synergistic interaction between proton pump inhibitors and resistance modifiers: promoting effects of antibiotics and plasmid curingKristina Wolfart
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Szeged, 6720 Szeged, Dom ter 10, Hungary
In Vivo 20:367-72. 2006..coli and that it was this pump which, when inhibited by TF14, allowed more PMZ to reach its plasmid elimination target...
- The antimotility action of a trifluoromethyl ketone on some gram-negative bacteriaGabriella Spengler
Departament of Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Dom ter 10, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 51:351-8. 2004..We suppose that the inhibiton of bacterial motility is related to the virulence of bacteria: consequently the pathogenicity can be reduced in the presence of TF18...
- Activity of fourteen new hydantoin compounds on the human ABCB1 efflux pumpAna Martins
Institute of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
In Vivo 26:293-7. 2012..The overexpression of an ABC transporter, the ABCB1, is often associated with MDR in cancer. Previously it was observed that hydantoin compounds can modulate the activity of the ABCB1 pump...
- Thioridazine induces apoptosis of multidrug-resistant mouse lymphoma cells transfected with the human ABCB1 and inhibits the expression of P-glycoproteinGabriella Spengler
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Anticancer Res 31:4201-5. 2011....
- Infectious plasmid resistance and efflux pump mediated resistanceJ Molnar
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology, Faculty of General Medicine, University of Szeged, Dom ter 10, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 51:333-49. 2004..Inhibition of the conjugational transfer of antibiotic resistance plasmids can be exploited to reduce the spreading of these plasmids in ecosystems...
- Modulation of multidrug efflux pump activity by new hydantoin derivatives on colon adenocarcinoma cells without inducing apoptosisGabriella Spengler
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Dom ter 10, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Anticancer Res 31:3285-8. 2011..Previously, we demonstrated that eight hydantoin derivatives inhibited the P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) efflux pump of mouse T-lymphoma cells, as well as acting synergistically with the anticancer drug doxorubicin...
- Multidrug resistance reversal by 3-formylchromones in human colon cancer and human mdr1 gene-transfected mouse lymphoma cellsZoltán Baráth
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology, Faculty of General Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
In Vivo 20:645-9. 2006..The log P values can provide an adequate explanation for the selective cytotoxicity against cancer cells...
- Inhibitory action of a new proton pump inhibitor, trifluoromethyl ketone derivative, against the motility of clarithromycin-susceptible and-resistant Helicobacter pyloriGabriella Spengler
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Int J Antimicrob Agents 23:631-3. 2004..Based on the results, it is supposed that TF18 works as an uncoupler similar to the 'clutch' in a biological motor, in which counterclockwise rotation is more sensitive to the effect of TF18 than the clockwise rotation...
- Bacterial models for tumor development. Mini-reviewNora Gyemant
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology, Faculty of Medicine, Szent Györgyi Albert Medical Centre, University of Szeged, Dom ter 10, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 51:321-32. 2004..The frequency of transformation is the rate-limiting step, but the co-transmission of the DNA-protein complex is common in the three systems...
- Enhancement of plasmid curing by 9-aminoacridine and two phenothiazines in the presence of proton pump inhibitor 1-(2-benzoxazolyl)-3,3,3-trifluoro-2-propanoneGabriella Spengler
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary
Int J Antimicrob Agents 22:223-7. 2003....
- [Attempts to reduce drug resistance of bacteria and cancer cells]Gabriella Spengler
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Altalános Orvostudományi Kar Orvosi Mikrobiológiai és Immunbiológiai Intézet Szeged
Orv Hetil 148:1037-40. 2007
- Coumarin derivatives with tumor-specific cytotoxicity and multidrug resistance reversal activityMasami Kawase
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, Saitama, Japan
In Vivo 19:705-11. 2005..A deeper understanding of the relationship between their structures and their potency will contribute to the design of optimal agents...
- The interaction between resistance modifiers such as pyrido[3,2-g]quinoline, aza-oxafluorene and pregnane derivatives with DNA, plasmid DNA and tRNADerek Sharples
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Eur J Med Chem 40:195-202. 2005..Complex formation with MDR1 p-glycoprotein and drug accumulation increased in cancer cells. Both plasmid DNA and p-gp complex formation were related to the chemical structures of the resistance modifiers...
- Effects of a series of dihydroanthracene derivatives on drug efflux in multidrug resistant cancer cellsSandrine Alibert
GERCTOP UMR CNRS 6009, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27, Bd Jean Moulin, 13385 cedex 05, Marseille, France
Eur J Med Chem 38:253-63. 2003..Structure activity relationships and molecular modeling studies allowed to define topological display of pharmacophoric groups for these reversal agents...