Affiliation: Semmelweis University
- The effect of endomorphins on the release of 3H-norepinephrine from rat nucleus tractus solitarii slicesMahmoud Al-Khrasani
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Semmelweis University, POB 370, H 1445, Budapest, Hungary
Regul Pept 111:97-101. 2003....
- New approach to the neurobiological mechanisms of addictionZsuzsanna Fürst
Semmelweis University, Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Budapest, Hungary
Neuropsychopharmacol Hung 15:189-205. 2013..The neurocircuitry, the transmitters and the epigenetics of addiction are discussed. ..
- A novel µ-opioid receptor ligand with high in vitro and in vivo agonist efficacyE Lacko
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Nagyvarad ter 4, P O Box 370, H 1445 Budapest, Hungary
Curr Med Chem 19:4699-707. 2012..14-O-MeM6SU was the most potent. Our results showed that introduction of 14-O-Me in M6SU increased the binding affinity, agonist potency, and most importantly, the intrinsic efficacy (Emax)...
- Peripheral versus central antinociceptive actions of 6-amino acid-substituted derivatives of 14-O-methyloxymorphone in acute and inflammatory pain in the ratSusanna Furst
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Medical Faculty, Semmelweis University, Nagyvarad ter 4, P O Box 370, H 1445 Budapest, Hungary
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:609-18. 2005..Also, they might find clinical application when the central actions of opioids are unwanted...
- [Central and peripheral mechanisms in antinociception: current and future perspectives]Zsuzsanna Fürst
Semmelweis Egyetem, Farmakológiai és Farmakoterápiás Intézet, Budapest, MTA SE Neuropszichofarmakológiai Kutatócsoport
Neuropsychopharmacol Hung 10:127-30. 2008..Furthermore nicotine and analogues (epibatidine) induce analgesia through nicotinic ACh receptors. We studied mostly the peripheral targets of hydrophilic heterocyclic opioids in antinociceptive processes...
- Changes in adaptability following perinatal morphine exposure in juvenile and adult ratsBarbara Klausz
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Pharmacol 654:166-72. 2011..At the same time the reactivity to the stress is failed. These findings on rodents presume that the progenies of morphine users could have lifelong problems in adaptive capability and might be prone to develop psychiatric disorders...
- [Behavioural studies during the gestational-lactation period in morphine treated rats]Melinda Sobor
GYEMSZI Országos Gyógyszerészeti Intézet, Budapest, Hungary
Neuropsychopharmacol Hung 15:239-51. 2013..Besides direct pharmacological effects of morphine impaired maternal responsiveness and pup care could play a role in these disturbances. ..
- 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), but not morphine, alters APP processing in the rat brainJanos Kalman
Department of Psychiatry and Alzheimer s Disease Research Centre, Albert Szent Györgyi Center for Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 10:183-90. 2007..These results indicate that the chronic use of 'ecstasy', but not morphine, may be harmful via a novel mode of action, i.e. by altering the APP expression and processing in the brain...
- DAMGO and 6beta-glycine substituted 14-O-methyloxymorphone but not morphine show peripheral, preemptive antinociception after systemic administration in a mouse visceral pain model and high intrinsic efficacy in the isolated rat vas deferensMahmoud Al-Khrasani
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 74:369-75. 2007..Our findings support the role of peripheral MOR in the pathology of pain states involving sensitization of peripheral nociceptors...
- Intermittent prenatal MDMA exposure alters physiological but not mood related parameters in adult rat offspringCsaba Adori
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Semmelweis University, H 1085, Budapest, Nagyvarad ter 4, Hungary
Behav Brain Res 206:299-309. 2010..In contrast, these adult offspring do not produce anxiety or depression like behavior...
- Endomorphin synthesis in rat brain from intracerebroventricularly injected [3H]-Tyr-Pro: a possible biosynthetic route for endomorphinsAndrás Z Rónai
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine, NET Bldg 412, P O B 370, H 1445 Budapest, Hungary
Regul Pept 134:54-60. 2006..We suggest that Tyr-Pro may serve as a biosynthetic precursor to endomorphin synthesis...
- Partial and full agonism in endomorphin derivatives: comparison by null and operational modelAndrás Z Rónai
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Semmelweis University, PO Box 370, H 1445 Budapest, Hungary
Peptides 27:1507-13. 2006....
- Age and monosodium glutamate treatment cause changes in the stimulation-induced [3H]-norepinephrine release from rat nucleus tractus solitarii-dorsal vagal nucleus slicesAndrás Z Rónai
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Semmelweis University, P O Box 370, H 1445 Budapest, Hungary
Life Sci 74:1573-80. 2004....
- The development of tolerance to locomotor effects of morphine and the effect of various opioid receptor antagonists in rats chronically treated with morphineJulia Timár
Semmelweis University, Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Budapest, 1445, Nagyvarad ter 4, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 64:417-24. 2005..The results provide further evidence that both mu and delta opioid-receptors might be affected during chronic morphine treatment...
- Endomorphin-2 with a beta-turn backbone constraint retains the potent micro-opioid receptor agonist propertiesCsaba Tömböly
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Temesvari krt 62, H 6726 Szeged, Hungary
J Med Chem 51:173-7. 2008..3 nM, IC(50) = 50 nM, K(e) = 0.57). NMR experiments and molecular modeling indicated that its backbone adopts mainly a beta-turn in aqueous solution...
- D1 but not D2 dopamine receptors or adrenoceptors mediate dopamine-induced potentiation of N-methyl-d-aspartate currents in the rat prefrontal cortexKerstin Wirkner
Rudolf Boehm Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Leipzig, Härtelstrasse 16 18, D 04107 Leipzig, Germany
Neurosci Lett 372:89-93. 2004..The results indicate that dopamine potentiates NMDA responses in layer V pyramidal cells of the PFC solely by activating D(1) receptors. D(2) receptors and alpha or beta adrenoceptors are not involved in the dopamine-NMDA interaction...
- Nociceptin antagonism: probing the receptor by N-acetyl oligopeptidesLaszlo Kocsis
Research Group for Peptide Chemistry, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Department of Organic Chemistry, Eotvos University, P O Box 32, Budapest H 1518, Hungary
Regul Pept 122:199-207. 2004..The results support the high potency and antagonist nature of Ac-RYYRIK-ol and reveal important roles for both the N- and the C-terminal region of the molecule...
- Structure-activity study on the Phe side chain arrangement of endomorphins using conformationally constrained analoguesCsaba Tömböly
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 6701 Szeged, P O Box 521, Hungary
J Med Chem 47:735-43. 2004..Our results emphasize that the appropriate orientation of the C-terminal aromatic side chain of endomorphins is substantial for binding to the micro opioid receptor...
- Subsensitivity of P2X but not vanilloid 1 receptors in dorsal root ganglia of rats caused by cyclophosphamide cystitisSebestyen J Borvendeg
Rudolf Boehm Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Leipzig, Haertelstrasse 16 18, D 04107 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 474:71-5. 2003..Thoracal dorsal root ganglia, not innervating the urinary bladder, were also unaltered in their responsiveness to alpha,beta-meATP by cyclophosphamide treatment...