Affiliation: Semmelweis University
- Prevalence of subthreshold forms of psychiatric disorders in persons making suicide attempts in HungaryJ Balazs
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Semmelweis University Budapest, Hungary
Eur Psychiatry 15:354-61. 2000..The aim of this study was to examine the prevalence of subthreshold psychiatric disorders among suicide attempters in Hungary...
- The close link between suicide attempts and mixed (bipolar) depression: implications for suicide preventionJudit Balazs
Vadaskert Child Psychiatric Hospital and Outpatient Clinic, Budapest, Hungary
J Affect Disord 91:133-8. 2006..Previous reports have shown a significant relationship between suicide ideation and mixed depression. The aim of this study was to explore the prevalence and clinical characteristics of mixed depression among non-violent suicide attempters...
- Methylphenidate-induced orofacial and extremity dyskinesiaJudit Balazs
Vadaskert Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Hospital and Outpatient Clinic, Budapest, Hungary
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:378-81. 2007..Our case report has practical implications for physicians by raising their awareness of dyskinesia as a potential side effect of methylphenidate treatment...
- [Comparing the comorbidity of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in childhood and adolescence]Agnes Keresztény
Semmelweis Egyetem, Mentalis Egeszsegtudomanyok Doktori Iskola, Budapest, Hungary
Psychiatr Hung 27:165-73. 2012..The aim of this study is to compare the comorbid diagnoses with ADHD on a Hungarian sample between a children and an adolescents...
- Prevalence and comorbidity of affective disorders in persons making suicide attempts in Hungary: importance of the first depressive episodes and of bipolar II diagnosesJudit Balazs
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Semmelweis University, Balassa str 6, 1083 Budapest, Hungary
J Affect Disord 76:113-9. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the prevalence and comorbidity of affective disorders, especially current major depressive episode and bipolar disorder among suicide attempters in Hungary...
- Methylphenidate treatment and dyskinesia in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJudit Balazs
Vadaskert Foundation, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Hospital and Outpatient Clinic, Institute of Psychology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 21:133-8. 2011....
- [Adulthood -- childhood -- adulthood: long-term therapy in child and adolescent psychiatry]Judit Balazs
ELTE PPK, Pszichologia Intezet, Fejlödés és Klinikai Gyermekpszichológia Tanszék, Budapest, Hungary
Neuropsychopharmacol Hung 14:51-8. 2012..With these two different stories on ADHD we would like to present several issues and successes which may surface during the long-term treatment of ADHD...
- Adolescent subthreshold-depression and anxiety: psychopathology, functional impairment and increased suicide riskJudit Balazs
Vadaskert Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:670-7. 2013..This study investigates the characteristics of adolescent subthreshold-depression and anxiety with a focus on suicidality, using both categorical and dimensional diagnostic models...
- [Quality of life of patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: systematic review of the past 5 years]Szabina Velo
ELTE, PPK, Pszichologia Intezet, Fejlődés, és Klinikai Gyermekpszichológia Tanszék, Budapest, Hungary
Neuropsychopharmacol Hung 15:73-82. 2013..The impact of ADHD on QoL 2. The impact of ADHD on QoL regarding age 3. The impact of ADHD on QoL regarding gender...
- The importance of depressive mixed states in suicidal behaviourAnnamaria Rihmer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Neuropsychopharmacol Hung 10:45-9. 2008..DMX and agitated depression should be considered as bipolar spectrum. These should be taken into consideration in clinical and diagnostic work with affective disorder patients...