- Extremely long frenulum leading to a giant preputial sac associated with concealed penisAndrew B Pinter
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Scand J Urol Nephrol 38:186-7. 2004..We describe a case involving an abnormally long frenulum leading to a giant preputial sac on micturition associated with a concealed penis. The diagnosis, differential diagnosis and surgical correction are detailed...
- End-of-life decision before and after birth: changing ethical considerationsAndrew B Pinter
Department of Paediatrics, University of Pecs, 7623 Pecs, Hungary
J Pediatr Surg 43:430-6. 2008....
- Changing trends in authorship patterns in the JPS: publish or perishAndras Pinter
Department of Pediatrics, University for Paediatric Surgery, Medical Faculty of Pecs University, H 7623, Pecs, Hungary
J Pediatr Surg 48:412-7. 2013..To examine changes in authorship patterns in the articles published in the Journal of Pediatric Surgery (JPS) over the last three decades (1981-2010), and to analyze why they took place...
- Posterior sagittal approach with perirectal dissection for reconstructive surgery of severe urogenital anomaliesAndras Pinter
University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Pediatr Surg Int 23:57-60. 2007..Our results suggest that fecal continence is either preserved or partially affected...
- [Late reconstructive surgery for cloaca malformations]Andras Pinter
PTE AOK Gyermekklinika, Sebészeti Osztály, 7623 Pecs
Magy Seb 55:379-83. 2002..Because of the rarity and complexity of cloacal malformations, the anomaly should be operated on only in specialised centres...
- Can epithelized neobladder-cutaneous fistula provide urinary continence?Andrew Pintér
The Children s Hospital University of Pécs, Pecs, Hungary
Int J Urol 12:101-3. 2005..During the last procedure, the patient received a suprapubic catheter that accidentally slipped out. The epithelized neobladder-cutaneous fistula resulted in a continent and easily catheterizable abdominal stoma...
- Long-term follow-up of cancer in neonates and infants: a national survey of 142 patientsAndrew B Pinter
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, 7623 Pecs, József A u 7, Hungary
Pediatr Surg Int 19:233-9. 2003..No routine aggressive chemotherapy is indicated. Radiation therapy, which frequently results in long-term musculoskeletal morbidity, should be avoided. Catch-up somatic development occurred in the second part of the follow-up period...
- [Magnetic resonance urography in the diagnosis of the ectopic ureters]Péter Straub
Egészségügyi Centrum, Gyermekgyógyászati Klinika
Orv Hetil 148:105-9. 2007..Ectopic ureters are often very difficult to diagnose with conventional diagnostic modalities (physical examination, ultrasound, intravenous urography, cystography, urethro-cystoscopy, isotop examinations) in children...
- Histologic findings after gastrocystoplasty in rabbitsPeter Vajda
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pecs, H 7623 Pecs, Hungary
J Pediatr Surg 40:1470-4. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the long-term histologic changes after bladder augmentation with gastric segment in an animal subject...
- Seromuscular gastrocystoplasty in dogsAttila M Vastyan
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Urol Int 71:215-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the feasibility of seromuscular gastrocystoplasty (SGCP) in an animal model and to compare it to conventional gastrocystoplasty (CGCP)...
- Quality of life: urinary bladder augmentation or substitution in childrenPeter Vajda
Surgical Unit, Department of Paediatrics, Medical School, University of Pecs, 7 Jozsef Attila Street, 7623, Pecs, Hungary
Pediatr Surg Int 25:195-201. 2009..Bladder augmentation and substitution has been assumed to improve health-related quality of life in patients with urinary incontinence. This study was performed to elicit an evidence base for or against the above hypothesis...
- A therapeutic method for failed bladder augmentation in children: re-augmentationPeter Vajda
Department of Paediatrics, Surgical Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Pecs H 7623, Hungary
BJU Int 97:816-9, discussion 819. 2006..To investigate the causes leading to the deterioration of previously successful bladder augmentation and to evaluate the efficacy of re-augmentation...