Affiliation: Institute of Experimental Medicine
- Contribution of differently localized alpha 2- and beta-adrenoceptors in the modulation of TNF-alpha and IL-10 production in endotoxemic miceJ Szelenyi
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, P O B 67, H 1450 Budapest, Hungary
Ann N Y Acad Sci 917:145-53. 2000....
- Cytokines and the central nervous systemJ Szelenyi
Laboratory of Neuroimmunology, Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 54:329-38. 2001....
- Immunomodulatory effect of antidepressantsJudith Szelenyi
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, PO Box 67, H 1450, Budapest, Hungary
Curr Opin Pharmacol 2:428-32. 2002..A bidirectional interaction between the monoamine system and the inflammatory system might explain the concurrent therapeutical efficacy and immunomodulatory features of antidepressants...
- Dual beta-adrenergic modulation in the immune system: stimulus-dependent effect of isoproterenol on MAPK activation and inflammatory mediator production in macrophagesJudith Szelenyi
Institute of Experimental Medicine of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, P O BOX 67, Budapest H 1450, Hungary
Neurochem Int 49:94-103. 2006..Our results challenge the dogma that beta-adrenoceptor signaling is only immunosuppressive, and offer potential opportunities for new therapeutic approaches in the treatment of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases...
- The catecholamine cytokine balance: interaction between the brain and the immune systemJ Szelenyi
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Laboratory of Neuroimmunology, Budapest H 1083, Hungary
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1113:311-24. 2007..Since several anti-inflammatory drugs also have antidepressant effects, we hypothesized that antidepressants are also able to modulate the LPS-induced inflammatory response, which might contribute to their antidepressant effect...
- Multiple G-protein-coupling specificity of beta-adrenoceptor in macrophagesMaria Magocsi
Institute of Haematology and Immunology, National Medical Centre, Budapest, Hungary
Immunology 122:503-13. 2007....