Affiliation: Gedeon Richter Ltd
- Blockers of voltage-gated sodium channels for the treatment of central nervous system diseasesIstván Tarnawa
Department of Electrophysiology, Pharmacology and Drug Safety Research, Budapest, 10, POB 27, Hungary
Recent Pat CNS Drug Discov 2:57-78. 2007..This review focuses on the current trends in sodium channel research, surveying the traditional and newly emerging therapeutic fields, and the diverse medicinal chemistry of sodium channel blockers...
- Concerted action of antiepileptic and antidepressant agents to depress spinal neurotransmission: Possible use in the therapy of spasticity and chronic painMarta Than
Pharmacology and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Plc, P O Box 27, H 1475 Budapest 10, Hungary
Neurochem Int 50:642-52. 2007....
- Functional characterization of sodium channel blockers by membrane potential measurements in cerebellar neurons: prediction of compound preference for the open/inactivated stateSándor Kolok
Pharmacological and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Ltd, Budapest, Hungary
Neurochem Int 49:593-604. 2006..Thus, relevant information can be obtained about the potential therapeutic utility of different drugs by applying non-electrophysiological methods...
- Tolperisone-type drugs inhibit spinal reflexes via blockade of voltage-gated sodium and calcium channelsPál Kocsis
Pharmacology and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Ltd, H 1475, Budapest, 10, P O Box 27, Hungary
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 315:1237-46. 2005....
- Recent advancements in anti-migraine drug research: focus on attempts to decrease neuronal hyperexcitabilityHedvig Bölcskei
Department of Medicinal Chemistry II, Group of Electrophysiology, Pharmacology and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Plc H 1475, Budapest, 10, POB 27, Hungary
Recent Pat CNS Drug Discov 4:14-36. 2009..It will be shown how these new ideas appear in the recent patent literature...
- NR2B receptors are involved in the mediation of spinal segmental reflex potentials but not in the cumulative motoneuronal depolarization in vitroPál Kocsis
Pharmacological and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Ltd, POB 27, H 1475 Budapest 10, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 64:133-8. 2004..NR2B containing NMDA receptors have major role in the mediation of the windup of dorsal horn neurons, but their contribution to this phenomenon at the motor level is negligible...
- Participation of AMPA- and NMDA-type excitatory amino acid receptors in the spinal reflex transmission, in ratPál Kocsis
Pharmacological and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Ltd, H 1475 Budapest 10, P O Box 27, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 60:81-91. 2003..AMPA and NMDA receptors play comparable roles in the mediation of longer latency reflex components...
- Protective effect of the antiepileptic drug candidate talampanel against AMPA-induced striatal neurotoxicity in neonatal ratsIldiko Vilagi
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 59:35-40. 2002....
- Non-competitive AMPA antagonists of 2,3-benzodiazepine typeSándor Sólyom
IVAX Drug Research Institute, Ltd, Berlini u 47 49, Budapest, H 1045, Hungary
Curr Pharm Des 8:913-39. 2002..Finally the therapeutic potential of 2,3-benzodiazepines i.e. the main fields of their clinical utility are outlined with special regard to talampanel (20) in the light of the ongoing clinical trials with this new drug candidate...
- Simple pharmacological test battery to assess efficacy and side effect profile of centrally acting muscle relaxant drugsSándor Farkas
Pharmacological Research Centre, Gedeon Richter Ltd H 1475, Budapest, 10, POB 27, Hungary
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 52:264-73. 2005..Here we report on the establishment of a simple pharmacological test battery, which was used to compare efficacies and side effect profiles of 11 compounds with central muscle relaxant action, in mice (intraperitoneal application)...