Affiliation: E?tv?s Lor?nd University Institute of Psychology
Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Kun B, Demetrovics Z. Emotional intelligence and addictions: a systematic review. Subst Use Misuse. 2010;45:1131-60 pubmed publisher..quot; ..
- Pajkossy P, Demetrovics Z. [The role of cannabis use in psychosis]. Psychiatr Hung. 2007;22:145-62 pubmed..At the same time, the role of self-medication or a common genetic background cannot be excluded either, and a circular causality is very possible. ..
- Szilagyi A, Barta C, Boor K, Szekely A, Demetrovics Z, Csorba J, et al. [The potential role of childhood ADHD in the development of heroin dependence at a young age]. Neuropsychopharmacol Hung. 2007;9:69-75 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that untreated childhood ADHD could be a risk factor for developing substance use disorder. ..
- Urban R, Kökönyei G, Demetrovics Z. Alcohol outcome expectancies and drinking motives mediate the association between sensation seeking and alcohol use among adolescents. Addict Behav. 2008;33:1344-52 pubmed publisher..Results support the notion that positive expectancy mediates between sensation seeking and drinking motives, and finally, positive expectancy and drinking motives are mediators between sensation seeking and alcohol use. ..
- Balazs H, Kun B, Demetrovics Z. [Types of pathological gamblers]. Psychiatr Hung. 2009;24:238-47 pubmed..On the personality characteristics of gamblers playing specific types of games, however, there is little data available yet. ..
- Demetrovics Z, Urban R, Nagygyörgy K, Farkas J, Zilahy D, Mervó B, et al. Why do you play? The development of the motives for online gaming questionnaire (MOGQ). Behav Res Methods. 2011;43:814-25 pubmed publisher..The seven dimensions identified seem to cover the full range of possible motives for gaming, and the MOGQ proved to be an adequate measurement tool to assess these motives. ..
- Demetrovics Z. [Gambling and pathological gambling in Hungary]. Psychiatr Hung. 2008;23:336-48 pubmed....
- Nemeth Z, Kuntsche E, Urban R, Farkas J, Demetrovics Z. Why do festival goers drink? Assessment of drinking motives using the DMQ-R SF in a recreational setting. Drug Alcohol Rev. 2011;30:40-6 pubmed publisher....
- Tombor I, Paksi B, Urban R, Kun B, Arnold P, Rozsa S, et al. [Epidemiology of smoking in Hungary--a representative national study]. Orv Hetil. 2010;151:330-7 pubmed publisher..This tendency is unequivocally due to the increase of smoking among women, while in case of men stagnating prevalence rates can be observed. ..
- Demetrovics Z, Kurimay T. [Exercise addiction: a literature review]. Psychiatr Hung. 2008;23:129-41 pubmed..One important question to be answered is if this disorder is an independent entity to be classified as a distinct clinical disorder or is it rather a subgroup of another disorder. ..
- Urban R, Demetrovics Z. Smoking outcome expectancies: A multiple indicator and multiple cause (MIMIC) model. Addict Behav. 2010;35:632-5 pubmed publisher....
- Tombor I, Urban R, Berkes T, Demetrovics Z. Denial of smoking-related risk among pregnant smokers. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:524-30 pubmed publisher..001), even when controlling for age, education, partner's smoking status and parity. A higher level of risk denial seems to be one of the major determinants of women's smoking status during pregnancy. ..
- Iszáj F, Demetrovics Z. "Unborn selves"--literature as self-therapy in Virginia Woolf's work. Psychiatr Hung. 2011;26:26-35 pubmed..Based on these, the authors would like to give an insight into the writer's life and work, which can help us understand better Virginia Woolf's personality, both from artistic and psychiatric point of view. ..
- Schifano F, Albanese A, Fergus S, Stair J, Deluca P, Corazza O, et al. Mephedrone (4-methylmethcathinone; 'meow meow'): chemical, pharmacological and clinical issues. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011;214:593-602 pubmed publisher..Only international collaborative efforts may be able to tackle the phenomenon of the regular offer of novel psychoactive drugs. ..
- Kuntsche E, Kuntsche S, Knibbe R, Simons Morton B, Farhat T, Hublet A, et al. Cultural and gender convergence in adolescent drunkenness: evidence from 23 European and North American countries. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011;165:152-8 pubmed publisher..To investigate time-trend changes in the frequency of drunkenness among European and North American adolescents...
- Demetrovics Z, Varga G, Szekely A, Vereczkei A, Csorba J, Balazs H, et al. Association between Novelty Seeking of opiate-dependent patients and the catechol-O-methyltransferase Val(158)Met polymorphism. Compr Psychiatry. 2010;51:510-5 pubmed publisher..Association of the COMT polymorphism and NS temperament scale has been shown for heroin-dependent patients and controls regardless of group status. ..
- Kun B, Balazs H, Kapitany M, Urban R, Demetrovics Z. Confirmation of the three-factor model of the Assessing Emotions Scale (AES): verification of the theoretical starting point. Behav Res Methods. 2010;42:596-606 pubmed publisher..quot; Supplemental materials for this article may be downloaded from http://brm.psychonomic-journals.org/content/supplemental. ..
- Demetrovics Z, Lackó Z. [Introduction of the Hungarian version of Camberwell Assessment of Need (CAN-R-hu)]. Psychiatr Hung. 2008;23:297-303 pubmed
- Nemeth Z, Kun B, Demetrovics Z. The involvement of gamma-hydroxybutyrate in reported sexual assaults: a systematic review. J Psychopharmacol. 2010;24:1281-7 pubmed publisher....
- Demetrovics Z, Farkas J, Csorba J, Nemeth A, Mervó B, Szemelyácz J, et al. Early experience with Suboxone maintenance therapy in Hungary. Neuropsychopharmacol Hung. 2009;11:249-57 pubmed..At the beginning of administration special emphasis must be put on informing patients, especially concerning withdrawal symptoms that might be present during the first week, which highly contributes to better retention in treatment. ..
- Takács I, Demetrovics Z. [The efficacy of needle exchange programs in the prevention of HIV and hepatitis infection among injecting drug users]. Psychiatr Hung. 2009;24:264-81 pubmed....
- Kun B, Demetrovics Z. [The role of emotional intelligence in addiction disorders]. Psychiatr Hung. 2010;25:503-24 pubmed..According to their results, especially the components called "recognizing emotions" and "regulation of emotions" of emotional intelligence play important roles regarding substance use. ..
- Kun B, Balazs H, Arnold P, Paksi B, Demetrovics Z. Gambling in Western and Eastern Europe: the example of Hungary. J Gambl Stud. 2012;28:27-46 pubmed publisher..Based on the data available, the extremely rapid liberation of the gambling market in the post-socialist countries has led to a similarly swift escalation in associated gambling problems. ..
- Nemeth Z, Urban R, Kuntsche E, San Pedro E, Roales Nieto J, Farkas J, et al. Drinking motives among Spanish and Hungarian young adults: a cross-national study. Alcohol Alcohol. 2011;46:261-9 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that programs targeting risky drinking motives are likely to be successfully adapted to different drinking cultures in Europe. ..
- Demetrovics Z, Szeredi B, Rozsa S. The three-factor model of Internet addiction: the development of the Problematic Internet Use Questionnaire. Behav Res Methods. 2008;40:563-74 pubmed..76, respectively). The test-retest correlation of the PIUQ is .90. The PIUQ proved to be a reliable measurement for assessing the extent of problems caused by the "misuse" of the Internet; however, further analysis is needed. ..
- Farkas J, Mervó B, Rigó A, Demetrovics Z. [Psychosocial effects, psychiatric comorbidity and therapeutic possibilities of the polycystic ovary syndrome]. Psychiatr Hung. 2017;32:429-436 pubmed....