- Tian T, Bai D, Li W, Huang G, Liu H. Effects of Folic Acid on Secretases Involved in A? Deposition in APP/PS1 Mice. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..MicroRNA (miRNA) may involve in the regulation mechanism of folic acid on secretase expression. ..
- Wang X, Zhang M, Lui G, Chang H, Zhang M, Liu W, et al. Associations of Serum Manganese Levels with Prediabetes and Diabetes among ?60-Year-Old Chinese Adults: A Population-Based Cross-Sectional Analysis. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..015, respectively). The lowest prevalence of diabetes among men occurred at a moderate range of serum manganese (p < 0.05). Therefore, appropriate serum manganese levels may help prevent and control prediabetes and diabetes. ..
- Ma F, Wu T, Zhao J, Han F, Marseglia A, Liu H, et al. Effects of 6-Month Folic Acid Supplementation on Cognitive Function and Blood Biomarkers in Mild Cognitive Impairment: A Randomized Controlled Trial in China. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2016;71:1376-83 pubmed publisher..There was a beneficial effect from relatively short-term folate supplementation on cognitive functioning in later life. Larger-scale, randomized, controlled trials of longer duration in selected age groups are needed. ..
- Zhao Y, Huang G, Chen S, Gou Y, Dong Z, Zhang X. Homocysteine Aggravates Cortical Neural Cell Injury through Neuronal Autophagy Overactivation following Rat Cerebral Ischemia-Reperfusion. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Hcy administration enhanced neuronal autophagy, which contributes to cell death following cerebral ischemia. The oxidative damage-mediated autophagy may be a molecular mechanism underlying neuronal cell toxicity of elevated Hcy level. ..
- Liu H, Tian T, Qin S, Li W, Zhang X, Wang X, et al. Folic acid deficiency enhances abeta accumulation in APP/PS1 mice brain and decreases amyloid-associated miRNAs expression. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26:1502-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, folic acid deficiency can enhance AÎ² accumulation in APP/PS1 mice brain and decrease amyloid-associated miRNAs expression. ..
- Zhang M, Zhu Y, Li P, Chang H, Wang X, Liu W, et al. Associations between Dietary Patterns and Impaired Fasting Glucose in Chinese Men: A Cross-Sectional Study. Nutrients. 2015;7:8072-89 pubmed publisher..Further prospective studies are needed to elucidate the diet-prediabetes relationships. ..
- Sai N, Sun W, Wu Y, Sun Z, Yu G, Huang G. A highly sensitive immunoassay for atrazine based on covalently linking the small molecule hapten to a urea-glutaraldehyde network on a polystyrene surface. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;40:480-486 pubmed publisher..Thus, the assay provides a convenient alternative to conventional, laborious immunoassays for routine supervision of residue detection in food and the environment. ..
- Li W, Jiang M, Zhao S, Liu H, Zhang X, Wilson J, et al. Folic Acid Inhibits Amyloid Î²-Peptide Production through Modulating DNA Methyltransferase Activity in N2a-APP Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:25002-13 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that folic acid induces methylation potential-dependent DNMT enzymes, thereby attenuating AÎ² production. ..
- Li W, Li Z, Li S, Wang X, Wilson J, Huang G. Periconceptional Folic Acid Supplementation Benefit to Development of Early Sensory-Motor Function through Increase DNA Methylation in Rat Offspring. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, maternal folic acid supplementation increases DNA methylation pattern in offspring brain and improves the early development of sensory-motor function. ..
- Wang X, Li W, Li S, Yan J, Wilson J, Huang G. Maternal Folic Acid Supplementation During Pregnancy Improves Neurobehavioral Development in Rat Offspring. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55:2676-2684 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, prolonged maternal folic acid supplementation throughout pregnancy would be more effective in neurobehavioral development of offspring in rats. ..
- Zheng M, Zou C, Li M, Huang G, Gao Y, Liu H. Folic Acid Reduces Tau Phosphorylation by Regulating PP2A Methylation in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These results support that folic acid can serve as a multitarget neuronal therapeutic agent for treating diabetes-associated cognitive dysfunction. ..
- Chen H, Liu S, Ji L, Wu T, Ma F, Ji Y, et al. Associations between Alzheimer's disease and blood homocysteine, vitamin B12, and folate: a case-control study. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2015;12:88-94 pubmed..5; 95% CI: 9.7-95.9). Vitamin B12 was directly associated with AD. The combination of high Hcy, low vitamin B12, and any folate level represented the poorest association with AD. ..
- Wang X, Wu Y, Zhang X, Zhang M, Huang G. Dietary Changes over 25 Years in Tianjin Residents: Findings from the 1986-1988, 2000-2004, and 2008-2011 Nutrition Surveys. Nutrients. 2016;8:62 pubmed publisher..g., retinol, calcium, and dietary fiber (<80% of recommended nutrient intake), in the diet persisted in both urban and rural areas. In conclusion, differences in diet between urban and rural areas decreased over time. ..
- Zhang X, Zhao Y, Yan H, Liu H, Huang G. Inhibitory effect of homocysteine on rat neural stem cell growth in vitro is associated with reduced protein levels and enzymatic activities of aconitase and respiratory complex III. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2017;49:131-138 pubmed publisher..The inhibition in cell growth at the end of Hcy treatment was probably due to the changes in protein expression and mitochondrial dysfunction in vitro cultures of NSCs. ..
- Zhang M, Gao Y, Tian L, Zheng L, Wang X, Liu W, et al. Association of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 with adipokines and inflammatory marker in persons with prediabetes mellitus. Clin Chim Acta. 2017;468:152-158 pubmed publisher..171, respectively). 25(OH) D3 status in PreDM individuals was inversely correlated with concentrations of hs-CRP and leptin, suggesting their involvement in the inflammation response between vitamin D status and PreDM. ..
- Ma F, Wu T, Zhao J, Ji L, Song A, Zhang M, et al. Plasma Homocysteine and Serum Folate and Vitamin B12 Levels in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer's Disease: A Case-Control Study. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..05). Low blood levels of folate and vitamin B12 and elevated Hcy levels were associated with MCI and AD in older Chinese adults, and the association was stronger for AD. ..
- Yan J, Liu Y, Cao L, Zheng Y, Li W, Huang G. Association between Duration of Folic Acid Supplementation during Pregnancy and Risk of Postpartum Depression. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..76; 95% confidence interval: 0.59-0.98; P < 0.05). Thus, prolonged FA supplementation during pregnancy was associated with a decreased risk of PPD in Chinese women. ..
- Cui S, Li W, Wang P, Lv X, Gao Y, Huang G. Folic acid inhibits homocysteine-induced cell apoptosis in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2018;444:77-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that folic acid inhibits cell apoptosis and ameliorates homocysteine toxicity by regulating the expression of apoptosis-related genes in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. ..