- Use of arsenic-induced palmoplantar hyperkeratosis and skin cancers to predict risk of subsequent internal malignancy
Ling I Hsu
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Epidemiol 177:202-12. 2013
..35, 5.67). A significant interactive effect on lung cancer risk between hyperkeratosis and cigarette smoking was identified, which suggests that patients with hyperkeratosis who have been exposed to arsenic should cease smoking...
- Arsenic in drinking water and risk of urinary tract cancer: a follow-up study from northeastern Taiwan
Chi Ling Chen
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:101-10. 2010
..12; 95% CI, 1.48-11.5) had a significantly increased risk of urinary cancer. When restricted to urothelial carcinoma, all risk estimates including concentration and characteristics of well water consumption were higher...
- Comparison of genome-wide DNA methylation in urothelial carcinomas of patients with and without arsenic exposure
Tse Yen Yang
Graduate Institute of Life Science, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan Molecular and Genomic Epidemiology Center, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Environ Res 128:57-63. 2014
..Arsenic is a well-documented carcinogen of human urothelial carcinoma (UC) with incompletely understood mechanisms...
- Comparing the joint effect of arsenic exposure, cigarette smoking and risk genotypes of vascular endothelial growth factor on upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma and bladder cancer
Yuan Hung Wang
School of Public Health, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Shuang Ho Hospital, Taipei Medical University, New Taipei City, Taiwan Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Hazard Mater 262:1139-46. 2013
..Our findings suggest that arsenic exposure, cigarette smoking, and risk genotypes of VEGF contribute to a higher risk of UUTUC than of bladder cancer. ..
- Genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferase (GST) superfamily and risk of arsenic-induced urothelial carcinoma in residents of southwestern Taiwan
Ling I Hsu
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, No 128 Academia road, Sec 2, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 18:51. 2011
..Variations in capacity of xenobiotic detoxification and arsenic methylation might explain individual variation in susceptibility to arsenic-induced cancers...
- Comparative genomic hybridization study of arsenic-exposed and non-arsenic-exposed urinary transitional cell carcinoma
Ling I Hsu
The Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 227:229-38. 2008
..The findings suggest that long-term arsenic exposure may increase the chromosome abnormality in TCC, and 17p loss plays an important role in arsenic-induced urinary carcinogenesis...
- GT-repeat polymorphism in the heme oxygenase-1 gene promoter and the risk of carotid atherosclerosis related to arsenic exposure
Meei Maan Wu
School of Public Health, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 17:70. 2010
..In this study, we investigated the relationship between HO-1 genetic polymorphism and the risk of atherosclerosis related to arsenic...
- Arsenic-induced QT dispersion is associated with atherosclerotic diseases and predicts long-term cardiovascular mortality in subjects with previous exposure to arsenic: A 17-Year follow-up study
Chih Hao Wang
Department of Cardiology, Cardinal Tien Hospital, Fu Jen Catholic University, Hsintien, Taipei, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Toxicol 10:17-26. 2010
..QTD may be indicated as an early biomarker for atherosclerotic diseases and a significant and strong predictor of cardiovascular mortality in population with chronic arsenic exposure...
- SNPs of GSTM1, T1, P1, epoxide hydrolase and DNA repair enzyme XRCC1 and risk of urinary transitional cell carcinoma in southwestern Taiwan
Ling I Hsu
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road Section 2, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:144-55. 2008
..These observations implied that impaired metabolism of carcinogenic exposure as well as impaired DNA repair function play an important role in arsenic-related urinary transitional cell carcinogenesis...
- Arsenic exposure, urinary arsenic speciation, and the incidence of urothelial carcinoma: a twelve-year follow-up study
Yung Kai Huang
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Causes Control 19:829-39. 2008
..There was a significant association between inefficient arsenic methylation and the development of UC in the residents in the high CAE exposure strata in an area of southwestern Taiwan endemic for arseniasis...