- Use of arsenic-induced palmoplantar hyperkeratosis and skin cancers to predict risk of subsequent internal malignancy
Ling I Hsu
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Epidemiol 177:202-12. 2013
..35, 5.67). A significant interactive effect on lung cancer risk between hyperkeratosis and cigarette smoking was identified, which suggests that patients with hyperkeratosis who have been exposed to arsenic should cease smoking...
- Arsenic in drinking water and risk of urinary tract cancer: a follow-up study from northeastern Taiwan
Chi Ling Chen
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:101-10. 2010
..12; 95% CI, 1.48-11.5) had a significantly increased risk of urinary cancer. When restricted to urothelial carcinoma, all risk estimates including concentration and characteristics of well water consumption were higher...
- Genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferase (GST) superfamily and risk of arsenic-induced urothelial carcinoma in residents of southwestern Taiwan
Ling I Hsu
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, No 128 Academia road, Sec 2, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 18:51. 2011
..Variations in capacity of xenobiotic detoxification and arsenic methylation might explain individual variation in susceptibility to arsenic-induced cancers...
- Comparative genomic hybridization study of arsenic-exposed and non-arsenic-exposed urinary transitional cell carcinoma
Ling I Hsu
The Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 227:229-38. 2008
..The findings suggest that long-term arsenic exposure may increase the chromosome abnormality in TCC, and 17p loss plays an important role in arsenic-induced urinary carcinogenesis...
- Arsenic-induced QT dispersion is associated with atherosclerotic diseases and predicts long-term cardiovascular mortality in subjects with previous exposure to arsenic: A 17-Year follow-up study
Chih Hao Wang
Department of Cardiology, Cardinal Tien Hospital, Fu Jen Catholic University, Hsintien, Taipei, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Toxicol 10:17-26. 2010
..QTD may be indicated as an early biomarker for atherosclerotic diseases and a significant and strong predictor of cardiovascular mortality in population with chronic arsenic exposure...
- GT-repeat polymorphism in the heme oxygenase-1 gene promoter and the risk of carotid atherosclerosis related to arsenic exposure
Meei Maan Wu
School of Public Health, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 17:70. 2010
..In this study, we investigated the relationship between HO-1 genetic polymorphism and the risk of atherosclerosis related to arsenic...
- SNPs of GSTM1, T1, P1, epoxide hydrolase and DNA repair enzyme XRCC1 and risk of urinary transitional cell carcinoma in southwestern Taiwan
Ling I Hsu
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road Section 2, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:144-55. 2008
..These observations implied that impaired metabolism of carcinogenic exposure as well as impaired DNA repair function play an important role in arsenic-related urinary transitional cell carcinogenesis...
- Arsenic exposure, urinary arsenic speciation, and the incidence of urothelial carcinoma: a twelve-year follow-up study
Yung Kai Huang
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Causes Control 19:829-39. 2008
..There was a significant association between inefficient arsenic methylation and the development of UC in the residents in the high CAE exposure strata in an area of southwestern Taiwan endemic for arseniasis...