Affiliation: Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet
- Chondrogenic differentiation in femoral bone marrow-derived mesenchymal cells (MSC) from elderly patients suffering osteoarthritis or femoral fractureFelícito García-Álvarez
Servicio de Traumatología del Hospital Clínico Universitario Lozano Blesa, Avda San Juán Bosco 14, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 52:239-42. 2011..MSCs from old patients suffering knee OA can be differentiated into chondrocytic lineages, and these present no differences with MSCs from femoral fracture patients...
- Risk factors for postoperative infections in patients with hip fracture treated by means of Thompson arthroplastyF Garcia-Alvarez
Traumatology and Orthopedic Surgery, Area III, Surgery Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zaragoza, C Domingo Miral s n, Zaragoza 50 009, Spain
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 50:51-5. 2010..76+/-4.39 days vs. 6.17+/-4.14). We concluded that the transfusion and longer waiting time for surgery have been associated with the septic complications in elderly patients treated surgically for hip fracture...
- Musculoskeletal hydatid disease: a report of 13 casesFelícito García-Álvarez
Orthopedic Surgery Area III, Hospital Lozano Blesa, ES Zaragoza, Spain
Acta Orthop Scand 73:227-31. 2002..Radical surgery was not possible in 4 cases, in 3 of whom the sacrum was involved. Medical treatment of these patients did not eliminate the disease and new operations were necessary...
- S-adenosylmethionine immunomodulator treatment in sepsisF Garcia-Alvarez
Department of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery, Immunological Division, Lozano Blesa Hospital, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Int J Surg Investig 2:9-15. 2000..S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) is a forerunner of glutathione...
- Immune cell variations in patients with hip fractureFelícito García-Álvarez
Department of Traumatology, University Clinical Hospital Lozano Blesa, Avda San Juan Bosco 15, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 46:117-24. 2008..Basophils percentage presented an inverse correlation with age. Age is associated to some immune changes in patients suffering hip fracture...
- Effect of age on cytokine response in an experimental model of osteomyelitisFelícito García-Álvarez
Department of Surgery, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Biogerontology 10:649-58. 2009..Tibia analysis S. aureus group showed increased levels of: IL-10 in young rats, and IL-1beta in old rats. In experimentally induced osteomyelitis, significant differences were observed in cytokine response with regard to age...
- Influence of platelet time activation on articular cartilage growth in the rabbit knee: preliminary studyFelícito García-Álvarez
Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery, Area III, Zaragoza, Spain
Knee 15:314-7. 2008..The aim of the present article was to study the influence of platelets and different time activation on cartilage growth in articular defects in the rabbit knee...
- Autologous blood transfusion as an immunomodulator in experimental sepsisR Sousa
Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Lozano Blesa, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Int J Surg Investig 1:365-71. 2000..The aim of this paper is to ascertain the effects of either homologous blood transfusion or autologous blood transfusion on the lymphocyte subsets and cytokines in a model of intra-abdominal sepsis...
- Pharmacological immunomodulation of surgical traumaM Navarro-Zorraquino
Surgery Department, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
J Invest Surg 20:283-9. 2007..Thus, we conclude that anapsos is able to modulate the immune response after trauma, inhibiting Th2 pathway activation with no effect on Th1 pathway activation. In trauma, Anapsos could prevent the shifting Th1/Th2 balance...
- A simple infection model using pre-colonized implants to reproduce rat chronic Staphylococcus aureus osteomyelitis and study antibiotic treatmentM Monzon
CSIC SIA, Department of Animal Health, Zaragoza, Spain
J Orthop Res 19:820-6. 2001..aureus biofilm bacteria. suggesting the usefulness of both tests as a potential tool to study antibiotic suceptibility, and the need for new antimicrobials against these bacteria...