- Complications of peristomal recurrence of Crohn's disease: a case report and a review of literature
Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 39:297-301. 2012
..While postoperative medical treatment with immunosuppression or biological therapy is often employed, these therapies are unproven to prevent postoperative recurrence in the setting of a stoma...
- Elective switching from infliximab to adalimumab in stable Crohn's disease
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:761-6. 2013
..The aim of this study was to assess efficacy and tolerability of adalimumab (ADA) therapy after an elective switch from infliximab (IFX) in patients with stable CD...
- Safety and effectiveness of long-term allopurinol-thiopurine maintenance treatment in inflammatory bowel disease
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:363-9. 2013
..The aim of this study was to assess long-term maintenance effectiveness and tolerability of allopurinol-thiopurine therapy in a larger multicenter cohort of IBD patients...
- Long-term treatment of patients with a history of ulcerative colitis who develop gastritis and pan-enteritis after colectomy
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:52-7. 2013
..Corticosteroids are effective for induction of remission of this condition, but it is not clear how these patients should be managed long term...
- Infectious proctitis: when to suspect it is not inflammatory bowel disease
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC4076, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Dig Dis Sci 57:269-73. 2012
..The most frequently reported pathogens include Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Chlamydia trachomatis, Treponema pallidum, and herpes simplex...
- Two brothers with skewed thiopurine metabolism in ulcerative colitis treated successfully with allopurinol and mercaptopurine dose reduction
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Dig Dis Sci 57:250-3. 2012
- Prior colorectal neoplasia is associated with increased risk of ileoanal pouch neoplasia in patients with inflammatory bowel disease
Lauranne A A P Derikx
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 146:119-28.e1. 2014
..We aimed to determine the cumulative incidence of pouch neoplasia in patients with IBD and identify risk factors for developing pouch neoplasia...