- Normal insulin-like peptide-3 levels despite low testosterone in adult males with Prader-Willi syndrome: variations in Leydig cell function from infancy through adulthood
Harry J Hirsch
Neuropediatrics Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E135-43. 2013
..Insulin-like peptide-3 (INSL3) facilitates testicular descent in the fetus and reflects Leydig cell number in adults. INSL3 levels in PWS have not been previously reported...
- Primary testicular dysfunction is a major contributor to abnormal pubertal development in males with Prader-Willi syndrome
Harry J Hirsch
Neuropediatric Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2262-8. 2009
..Recent studies challenge the assumption that hypogonadism in Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) is due only to hypothalamic dysfunction...
- Free alpha-subunit is the most sensitive marker of gonadotropin recovery after treatment of central precocious puberty with the histrelin implant
Harry J Hirsch
Department of Pediatrics, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, P O B 3235, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2841-4. 2010
..The histrelin implant suppresses gonadotropins and estradiol (E(2)) levels for 1 yr, but effects on FAS have not been described...
- Hypogonadism in females with Prader-Willi syndrome from infancy to adulthood: variable combinations of a primary gonadal defect and hypothalamic dysfunction
Reproductive Endocrinology and Genetics Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, The Hebrew University, PO Box 3235, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
Eur J Endocrinol 162:377-84. 2010
..Recent studies have documented primary testicular dysfunction in PWS males. Our aims were to characterize sexual development and reproductive hormones in PWS females and to investigate the etiology of hypogonadism...
- The FSH-inhibin axis in prader-willi syndrome: heterogeneity of gonadal dysfunction
Multidisciplinary Prader Willi Syndrome Clinic, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 10:39. 2012
..We characterized the spectrum and etiology of hypogonadism in a cohort of Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) adolescents and adults...
- Primary ovarian dysfunction contributes to the hypogonadism in women with Prader-Willi Syndrome
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
Horm Res 72:153-9. 2009
..To investigate the etiology of hypogonadism in women with Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS)...
- Body image and sexual interests in adolescents and young adults with Prader-Willi syndrome
Neuropediatric Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 24:469-75. 2011
..Hypogonadism is a major feature of Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS), but clinical manifestations are variable. Sexual interests and behavior in this population have not been previously described...
- Arginine and clonidine stimulation tests for growth hormone deficiency revisited--do we really need so many samples?
Department of Pediatrics, Ein Kerem Campus, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 22:215-23. 2009
..3%. Addition of either a 0' or 120' sample further reduced the false positive rate to 2.2%. Both the arginine and clonidine stimulation tests can be reliably performed with fewer samples...