- Clozapine: key discussion points for prescribers
MGH Schizophrenia Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Schizophr Relat Psychoses 6:177-85. 2013
..This article reviews the literature on clozapine in order to measure its potential effectiveness against its adverse effects and ultimately aims to serve as a useful summary for clinicians in their everyday prescribing...
- Prospective relationship of duration of untreated psychosis to psychopathology and functional outcome over 12 years
Cluain Mhuire Family Centre, St John of God Adult Psychiatric Service, CO, Dublin, Ireland
Schizophr Res 141:215-21. 2012
..However, the extent and mechanisms by which it might influence prognosis beyond a decade remain poorly understood...
- Folate supplementation in schizophrenia: a possible role for MTHFR genotype
Schizophrenia Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, United States
Schizophr Res 127:41-5. 2011
..This study examined the effect of folate supplementation on negative symptoms overall and in relation to MTHFR 677C>T genotype...
- Perceptions of involuntary admission and risk of subsequent readmission at one-year follow-up: the influence of insight and recovery style
St John of God St Vincents University Hospital Postgraduate Training Scheme in Psychiatry, Dublin, Ireland
J Ment Health 20:249-59. 2011
..Involuntary admission is one of the most ethically challenging practices in medicine, yet we are only beginning to learn more about the patient's perspective...
- Nonadherence to medication four years after a first episode of psychosis and associated risk factors
St John of God Adult Psychiatric Service, Cluain Mhuire Family Centre, Dublin, Ireland
Psychiatr Serv 61:189-92. 2010
..This study examined concurrent associations and predictors at first indication of nonadherence to antipsychotic medication four years after a first episode of psychosis...
- Strategies for improving treatment adherence in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder
Donald C Goff
Schizophrenia Program, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:20-6. 2010
- Treatment adherence in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder
Donald C Goff
Schizophrenia Program, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:e13. 2011
..Depot antipsychotics can improve adherence and provide the clinician with reliable information about the dosage of medication received for purposes of dose adjustments or to guide response to relapse...
- Randomized multicenter investigation of folate plus vitamin B12 supplementation in schizophrenia
Joshua L Roffman
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
JAMA Psychiatry 70:481-9. 2013
- Involuntary admission from the patients' perspective
St John of God Psychiatry Rotation, Hospitaller Order of St John of God, Dublin, Ireland
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:631-8. 2010
..In Ireland, the Mental Health Act 2001 has introduced significant changes in the care for patients admitted involuntarily, including mental health tribunals that review the involuntary admission orders...
- Schizophrenia for primary care providers: how to contribute to the care of a vulnerable patient population
Massachusetts General Hospital Schizophrenia Program, Boston, USA
Am J Med 125:223-30. 2012