- Perinatal testosterone exposure and autistic-like traits in the general population: a longitudinal pregnancy-cohort study
Andrew Jo Whitehouse
Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Child Health Research, University of Western Australia, 100 Roberts Road, Subiaco, Western Australia, 6008, Australia
J Neurodev Disord 4:25. 2012
- Progestogens with or without oestrogen for irregular uterine bleeding associated with anovulation
The University ofMelbourne, The RoyalWomen sHospital, Melbourne, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD001895. 2012
- Unscheduled bleeding in continuous combined hormone therapy users
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Melbourne and Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Maturitas 70:400-3. 2011
..Unscheduled bleeding is disliked by women and may lead to invasive investigations to exclude underlying pelvic pathology. In most cases investigations do not reveal any underlying cause for the bleeding...
- Long-term progestin contraceptives (LTPOC) induce aberrant angiogenesis, oxidative stress and apoptosis in the guinea pig uterus: A model for abnormal uterine bleeding in humans
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 06510, USA
J Angiogenes Res 2:8. 2010
..However, obtaining sufficient, good quality tissues have precluded elucidation of the mechanisms underlying these morphological and functional vascular changes...
- Clinical, ultrasound and biochemical features of polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescents: implications for diagnosis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Hum Reprod 26:1469-77. 2011
..The prevalence of clinical, ultrasound and biochemical features of PCOS in a community-based adolescent population using current diagnostic criteria has not previously been described...
- Maternal and umbilical cord androgen concentrations do not predict digit ratio (2D:4D) in girls: a prospective cohort study
School of Women s and Infants Health, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:1235-44. 2010
..We conclude that prenatal androgen exposure as measured by maternal circulating androgen concentrations at 18 and 34/36 weeks of gestation or in the umbilical cord at birth may not predict digit ratio in girls...
- The relationship between maternal and umbilical cord androgen levels and polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence: a prospective cohort study
School of Women s and Infants Health, University of Western Australia, Crawley WA 6009 Perth, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3714-20. 2009
..The prenatal antecedents of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) are not known, but prenatal androgen exposure is thought to contribute. This has not previously been investigated in large prospective studies of normal human pregnancy...
- A longitudinal study of changes in endometrial microvascular density in Norplant implant users
Sydney Centre for Reproductive Health Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Sydney, Australia
Contraception 59:123-9. 1999
..The findings suggest that the endometrial vasculature is profoundly altered in the early months of Norplant implant exposure when bleeding problems are most common...
- Mechanisms of irregular bleeding with hormone therapy: the role of matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors
School of Women s and Infants Health, University of Western Australia, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Subiaco, Perth, Western Australia 6008
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3189-98. 2006
- Why does menopausal hormone therapy lead to irregular uterine bleeding? Changes to endometrial blood vessels
School of Women s and Infants Health, King Edward Memorial Hospital, University of Western Australia, Subiaco, Perth, Western Australia 6008, Australia
Hum Reprod 23:912-8. 2008
..Abnormal bleeding is common in hormone therapy (HT) users. We aimed to determine how HT alters endometrial blood vessels and stromal factors known to regulate vascular growth and integrity...
- Endometrial vascular changes and bleeding disturbances with long-acting progestins
I S Fraser
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Sydney, Australia
Steroids 65:665-70. 2000
- Clinical implications of disturbances of uterine vascular morphology and function
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
Baillieres Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 14:937-51. 2000
..Improved understanding of the regulation of the uterine vasculature is likely to lead to targeted therapies to prevent unscheduled vascular breakdown and to control menstrual disturbance at an endometrial level...
- A three-dimensional study of endometrial microvessels in women using the contraceptive subdermal levonorgestrel implant system, norplant
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Elizabeth II Research Institute for Mothers and Infants, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
Micron 35:589-95. 2004
- Changes in endometrial blood vessels in the endometrium of women with hormone replacement therapy-related irregular bleeding
University of Western Australia, Women and Infants Research Foundation, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Subiaco, WA 6008, Australia
Hum Reprod 18:1100-6. 2003
- Menopausal hormone therapy and irregular endometrial bleeding: a potential role for uterine natural killer cells?
School of Women s and Infants Health, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth 6008, Western Australia, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5528-35. 2005
..Irregular bleeding affects many users of combined menopausal hormone therapy (HT) and commonly leads to invasive and expensive investigations to exclude underlying malignancy. In most cases no abnormality is found...
- Sleep disturbance in menopause
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 42:742-7. 2012
..Such strategies can vary from hormonal treatment and medications to lifestyle and behavioural modification...
- Iatrogenic unscheduled (breakthrough) endometrial bleeding
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 13:301-8. 2012
..Future understanding of the variability in individual endometrial responses in different women may be a key to solving this frustrating symptom...
- Surface vascularization and endometrial appearance in women with menorrhagia or using levonorgestrel contraceptive implants. Implications for the mechanisms of breakthrough bleeding
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Western Australia King Edward Memorial Hospital, 374 Bagot Road, Subiaco, WA 6008, Australia
Hum Reprod 17:2428-34. 2002
..Hysteroscopy allows in-vivo observation of the whole endometrial surface, including vessel morphology, distribution and areas of bleeding, as well as information about non-vascular structures that may not be accessible from biopsies...
- Evaluation and management of depressive and anxiety symptoms in midlife
Royal Women s Hospital, Menopause Clinic, Parkville, Australia
Climacteric 15:3-9. 2012
- Should the ovaries be removed or retained at the time of hysterectomy for benign disease?
School of Women s and Infants Health, University of Western Australia, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Subiaco, WA, Australia
Hum Reprod Update 16:131-41. 2010
..The aim of this review is to bring together the evidence regarding oophorectomy in pre- and post-menopausal women and to highlight the areas needing further study...
- Breast cancer in young women and its impact on reproductive function
School of Women s and Infants Health, University of Western Australia, King Edward Memorial Hospital, 374 Bagot Road, Subiaco, WA 6008, Australia
Hum Reprod Update 15:323-39. 2009