Affiliation: University of Sydney
Location: Sydney, Australia
George Bennett Dissertation Fellowship, 2011, Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making
- Psychosocial interventions and quality of life in gynaecological cancer patients: a systematic reviewJolyn Hersch
Medical Psychology Research Unit, School of Psychology, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Psychooncology 18:795-810. 2009..The current review provides an up-to-date and comprehensive summary of the evidence regarding the effectiveness of psychosocial interventions in women with gynaecological cancers...
- Neurocognitive deficits and psychiatric disorders in a NSW prison populationLeila Kavanagh
Justice Health, Sydney, NSW 2036, Australia
Int J Law Psychiatry 33:20-6. 2010..The custodial sample was characterized by an increase in the prevalence of previous trauma; high levels of depression, anxiety and stress and neurocognitive deficits, including sustained attention, impulsivity and executive dysfunction...
- Lexical precision in skilled readers: Individual differences in masked neighbor primingSally Andrews
School of Psychology, University of Sydney, Sydney, 2006, Australia
J Exp Psychol Gen 139:299-318. 2010..The implications for theories of visual word recognition and the lexical quality hypothesis of reading skill are discussed...
- How do we achieve informed choice for women considering breast screening?Jolyn Hersch
Screening and Test Evaluation Program, Sydney School of Public Health, Edward Ford Bldg A27, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Prev Med 53:144-6. 2011..This paper discusses the issues around informed choice for women considering breast screening...
- Reply to braillon and nicotJolyn Hersch
Screening and Test Evaluation Program, Sydney School of Public Health, Edward Ford Bldg A27, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia Centre for Medical Psychology and Evidence based Decision making, Transient Bldg F12, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Prev Med 53:438. 2011