- The percutaneous surgical approach for repairing acute Achilles tendon rupture: a comprehensive outcome assessment
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 100:270-5. 2010
..We assessed our experience with a percutaneous operative approach for treating acute Achilles tendon rupture...
- Biomechanical properties of bone treated by magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound - an in vivo porcine model study
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Electronic address
Bone 57:92-7. 2013
..005). Treatment with the MRgFUS system resulted in a ~30% reduction in mechanical strength at 6weeks post-treatment. The reduction showed a reversible trend, with a 25%-20% decrease in strength at 12weeks post-treatment. ..
- Radiological evaluation of intertrochanteric fracture fixation by the proximal femoral nail
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Injury 43:856-63. 2012
..Successful treatment of intertrochanteric femoral fractures was reportedly influenced by the position of the fixation devices, by reduction quality and by fracture type...
- Intention-to-treat analysis and accounting for missing data in orthopaedic randomized clinical trials
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:2137-43. 2009
..In this study, we examined the use of the intention-to-treat principle in recently published orthopaedic clinical trials...
- Pediatric nonaccidental injury: are orthopedic surgeons vigilant enough?
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The Edmond and Lilly Safra Children s Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Pediatr Orthop 33:145-51. 2013
..It includes recognition, treatment, and appropriate report of suspected child abuse. The purpose of this study is to examine the attitude and knowledge of orthopedic surgeons treating suspected nonaccidental injuries...
- Uncemented arthroplasty for metastatic disease of the hip: preliminary clinical experience
Orthopedic Division, Haim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Arthroplasty 27:1658-62. 2012
..5% and 38.3%, respectively. Multiple myeloma and metastatic prostate carcinoma patients had better outcome over other metastasis origin. At last follow-up, no prosthesis failure or operation-related major complication has been recorded...
- Comparison of acetabular fracture reduction quality by the ilioinguinal or the anterior intrapelvic (modified Rives-Stoppa) surgical approaches
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Departments of Imaging and Anesthesiology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel and Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Orthop Trauma 28:313-9. 2014
..To compare the reduction quality, surgery time, and early postoperative complications between the 2 following surgical approaches: the ilioinguinal and the anterior intrapelvic (AIP or modified Rives-Stoppa)...
- Osteosynthesis of unstable intracapsular femoral neck fracture by dynamic locking plate or screw fixation: early results
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Orthop Trauma 28:70-6. 2014
- Functional and environmental factors affecting work status in individuals with longstanding poliomyelitis
The Chaim Sheba Medical Centre, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Spinal Cord Med 35:22-7. 2012
..Remunerative employment is a major concern of individuals with chronic disabilities, among them, those with longstanding poliomyelitis (LSP). Although LSP is not rare there are almost no data related to work participation...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of pelvic entheses--a systematic comparison between short tau inversion recovery (STIR) and T1-weighted, contrast-enhanced, fat-saturated sequences
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer, 52621, Tel Aviv, Israel
Skeletal Radiol 43:499-505. 2014
..To assess the contribution of contrast material in detecting and evaluating enthesitis of pelvic entheses by MRI...
- Effects of foot posture and heel padding devices on soft tissue deformations under the heel in supine position in males: MRI studies
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Rehabil Res Dev 50:1149-56. 2013
..This study demonstrates how MRI provides convenient, accurate, and quantitative comparison of biomechanical performances of heel padding devices. ..
- Satisfaction rates amongst elderly amputees provided with a static prosthetic foot
Unit of Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, Department of Rehabilitation, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, 64239, Israel
Disabil Rehabil 33:1963-7. 2011
..The choice of foot provided depends upon the physicians' assessment of the amputees' ambulatory potential. The present study investigates the patients' satisfaction with the provided limb...
- The value of hip aspiration in pediatric transient synovitis
Orthopaedic Oncology Unit, Edmond and Lilly Safra Hospital for Children, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Pediatr Orthop 33:124-7. 2013
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the use of a single ultrasound-guided hip aspiration as a treatment modality for TS...