- Induction of TGF-β1 synthesis by macrophages in response to apoptotic cells requires activation of the scavenger receptor CD36Weipeng Xiong
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e72772. 2013..However, the PS receptor(s) responsible for this induction has not been clearly determined...
- Antiinflammatory effects of apoptotic cellsPeter M Henson
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Clin Invest 123:2773-4. 2013..In 1998, Peter Henson, Donna Bratton, and colleagues at National Jewish Health demonstrated that phagocytosis of apoptotic cells ..
- Allergy: airway epithelial Rac1 suppresses allergic inflammationPeter M Henson
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, 1400 Jackson St, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Curr Biol 23:R104-6. 2013....
- TNF-alpha inhibits macrophage clearance of apoptotic cells via cytosolic phospholipase A2 and oxidant-dependent mechanismsKathleen McPhillips
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Immunol 178:8117-26. 2007..Overall, the data suggest that macrophages in a TNF-alpha- and oxidant-rich inflammatory environment are less able to remove apoptotic cells and, thereby, may contribute to the local intensity of the inflammatory response...
- NEUTROPHIL APOPTOSIS IN RESOLUTION OF INFLAMMATIONPeter Henson; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Collectin-induced phagocytosis of apoptotic cellsPeter Henson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the role of collectins and calreticulin in removal of apoptotic cells and cell debris will be examined in the inflamed peritoneum and lung using inhibitors and knockout mice. ..
- Uptake of apoptotic cellsPeter Henson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Approaches includeuse of knockout cells and animals, molecular modification, biochemistry and cell biology and an extensive collaborative network. ..