- Angiogenesis: vascular remodeling of the extracellular matrix involves metalloproteinases
Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 10:136-41. 2003
- Vascular and haematopoietic stem cells: novel targets for anti-angiogenesis therapy?
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cornell University Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, Room D601, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:826-35. 2002
- Angiogenic factors reconstitute hematopoiesis by recruiting stem cells from bone marrow microenvironment
Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 996:49-60. 2003
..PlGF promotes recruitment of VEGFR1(+) HSCs from a quiescent to a proliferative microenvironment within the BM, favoring differentiation, mobilization, and reconstitution of hematopoiesis...
- Cytokine-mediated deployment of SDF-1 induces revascularization through recruitment of CXCR4+ hemangiocytes
David K Jin
Department of Genetic Medicine, Division of Hematology Medical Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Med 12:557-67. 2006
..Delivery of SDF-1 may be effective in restoring angiogenesis in individuals with vasculopathies...
- Interleukin-1alpha promotes angiogenesis in vivo via VEGFR-2 pathway by inducing inflammatory cell VEGF synthesis and secretion
Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
FASEB J 16:1471-3. 2002
..This novel mechanism of IL-1alpha-action may enhance the shift to angiogenic phenotype in various conditions designated by excessive angiogenesis...
- Chemokine-mediated interaction of hematopoietic progenitors with the bone marrow vascular niche is required for thrombopoiesis
Scott T Avecilla
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology-Oncology, Cornell University Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Med 10:64-71. 2004
..Progenitor-active chemokines offer a new strategy to restore hematopoiesis in a clinical setting...
- Recruitment of stem and progenitor cells from the bone marrow niche requires MMP-9 mediated release of kit-ligand
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 109:625-37. 2002
..Release of sKitL by MMP-9 enables BM repopulating cells to translocate to a permissive vascular niche favoring differentiation and reconstitution of the stem/progenitor cell pool...
- The regulation of hematopoietic stem cell and progenitor mobilization by chemokine SDF-1
Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, Room D601 New York, NY 10021, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 44:575-82. 2003
..These studies lay the foundation for using SDF-1 to induce mobilization of progenitor cells in a BM transplantation setting...
- Placental growth factor reconstitutes hematopoiesis by recruiting VEGFR1(+) stem cells from bone-marrow microenvironment
Department of Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Nat Med 8:841-9. 2002
..Thus, PlGF promotes recruitment of VEGFR1(+) HSCs from a quiescent to a proliferative BM microenvironment, favoring differentiation, mobilization and reconstitution of hematopoiesis...
- Contribution of marrow-derived progenitors to vascular and cardiac regeneration
Cornell University Medical College, New York, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 13:61-7. 2002
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 regulates TNF-alpha and FasL expression in neuronal, glial cells and its absence extends life in a transgenic mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Exp Neurol 205:74-81. 2007
..This study provides new mechanism and suggests that MMP inhibitors may offer a new therapeutic strategy for ALS...
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor promotes neovascularization by releasing vascular endothelial growth factor from neutrophils
Department of Cardiology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
FASEB J 19:2005-7. 2005
..Our results indicated that administration of G-CSF into ischemic tissue provides a novel and safe therapeutic strategy to improve neovascularization...
- Role of c-kit/Kit ligand signaling in regulating vasculogenesis
Department of Transfusion Medicine/Stem Cell Biology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Thromb Haemost 90:570-6. 2003
- Molecular pathways regulating mobilization of marrow-derived stem cells for tissue revascularization
Sina Y Rabbany
Bioengineering Program, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY 11549, USA
Trends Mol Med 9:109-17. 2003
- Low-dose irradiation promotes tissue revascularization through VEGF release from mast cells and MMP-9-mediated progenitor cell mobilization
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
J Exp Med 202:739-50. 2005
..These data show a novel mechanism of neovascularization and suggest that low-dose irradiation may be used for therapeutic angiogenesis to augment vasculogenesis in ischemic tissues...
- A role for niches in hematopoietic cell development
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 108-8639, Japan
Hematology 10:247-53. 2005
..This review summarizes the recent developments in our understanding of the stem cell niche with particular focus on the HSC niche...
- The plasminogen fibrinolytic pathway is required for hematopoietic regeneration
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
Cell Stem Cell 1:658-70. 2007
..Thus, activation of the fibrinolytic cascade is a critical step in regulating the hematopoietic stress response...
- [Bone marrow-derived cells contribute to niche formation in cancer progression]
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science, Laboratory of Stem Cell Regulation
Clin Calcium 18:480-7. 2008
..Focus on the early cellular and molecular events in cancer infiltration, metastasis and proliferation will likely lead to new approaches to detect and prevent metastasis at its earliest inception...
- Endothelial progenitor cells are cellular hubs essential for neoangiogenesis of certain aggressive adenocarcinomas and metastatic transition but not adenomas
Robert S Kerbel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:E54; author reply E55. 2008