- Willingness of Kenyan HIV-1 serodiscordant couples to use antiretroviral-based HIV-1 prevention strategies
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Avenue, Box 359927, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:116-9. 2012
..Antiretroviral treatment (ART) and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) have demonstrated efficacy as new human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) prevention approaches for HIV-1 serodiscordant couples...
- A prospective study of contraceptive use among African women in HIV-1 serodiscordant partnerships
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:621-8. 2010
..Few studies have explored contraceptive use in HIV-1 serodiscordant couples, a population at high risk for HIV-1 transmission...
- High prevalent and incident HIV-1 and herpes simplex virus 2 infection among male migrant and non-migrant sugar farm workers in Zambia
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Global AIDS Program, Lusaka, Zambia
Sex Transm Infect 87:283-8. 2011
..More insight is needed regarding risk factors for prevalent and incident HIV-1 infection among male farm workers in Sub-Saharan Africa to control the HIV-1 epidemic...
- Hormonal contraceptive use and risk of HIV-1 disease progression
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
AIDS 27:261-7. 2013
..For HIV-1-infected women, hormonal contraception prevents unintended pregnancy, excess maternal morbidity, and vertical HIV-1 transmission. Hormonal contraceptives are widely used but their effects on HIV-1 disease progression are unclear...
- Use of hormonal contraceptives and risk of HIV-1 transmission: a prospective cohort study
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 12:19-26. 2012
..We aimed to assess the association between hormonal contraceptive use and risk of HIV-1 acquisition by women and HIV-1 transmission from HIV-1-infected women to their male partners...
- Performance of the Focus HerpeSelect-2 enzyme immunoassay for the detection of herpes simplex virus type 2 antibodies in seven African countries
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Sex Transm Infect 87:238-41. 2011
..To compare the performance of the Focus HerpeSelect-2 enzyme immunoassay (EIA) with the gold standard herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 2 western blot, among HIV-1-uninfected men and women in east and southern Africa...