- Intracellular pharmacokinetics of tenofovir diphosphate, carbovir triphosphate, and lamivudine triphosphate in patients receiving triple-nucleoside regimens
Southwest CARE Center, Santa Fe, NM 87505, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:406-11. 2005
..To evaluate the potential for a pharmacologic mechanism to explain suboptimal virologic responses observed in a triple-nucleoside only regimen containing tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF), abacavir (ABC), and lamivudine (3TC)...
- Comparison of neuropsychiatric side effects in an observational cohort of efavirenz- and protease inhibitor-treated patients
Southwest CARE Center, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505, USA
HIV Clin Trials 6:187-96. 2005
..To compare the extent of neuropsychiatric disturbances in two similar groups of HIV-infected patients treated for >4 weeks with either efavirenz (EFV) or protease inhibitors (PIs) as part of their antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Appearance-related side effects of HIV-1 treatment
Southwest CARE Center, University of New Mexico, Santa Fe, 87505, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:6-18. 2006
..This paper reviews the appearance-related side effects associated with classes of antiretroviral drugs as well as individual agents, including the newer antiretrovirals...
- Understanding and managing the adverse effects of antiretroviral therapy
Department of Family Practice, University of New Mexico, United States
Antiviral Res 85:201-9. 2010
..This article forms part of a special issue of Antiviral Research marking the 25th anniversary of antiretroviral drug discovery and development, Vol. 85, issue 1, 2010...
- Impact of once- and twice-daily dosing regimens on adherence and overall safety
University of New Mexico, Sante Fe, New Mexico, USA
AIDS Read 14:320-2, 324, 329-31, 334-6. 2004
..Clinical data to guide individual treatment decisions are limited, and therapy--whether a once-daily, twice-daily, or other dosing schedule--should be selected based on individual patient needs...
- Intracellular nucleotide levels during coadministration of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and didanosine in HIV-1-infected patients
Southwest CARE Center, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1549-55. 2011
..The association between longer-term ddI therapy and reduced intracellular nucleotide concentrations and this observation's implication for the efficacy and toxicity of ddI-containing regimens deserve further study...
- Antiviral activity, pharmacokinetics, and dose response of the HIV-1 integrase inhibitor GS-9137 (JTK-303) in treatment-naive and treatment-experienced patients
Orlando Immunology Center, Orlando, FL, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:1-5. 2006
..GS-9137 is a potent low-nanomolar strand transfer inhibitor of HIV-1 integrase...
- Advances in HIV therapeutics: news from the 4th International AIDS Society Conference
Brian A Boyle
AIDS Read 17:484-90. 2007
- HIV drug resistance and you. The limitations of drug resistance testing. Many factors influence the results
Posit Aware . 2006