- Acoustic changes of the voice as signs of vocal fatigue in radio broadcasters: preliminary findings
Escuela de Fonoaudiología, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 64:176-83. 2013
..The purpose of this study was to compare the acoustic characteristics of the voice before and after a long period of voice use in a group of radio broadcasters...
- Vocal tract and glottal function during and after vocal exercising with resonance tube and straw
School of Communication Science and Disorders, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Voice 27:523.e19-34. 2013
..The present study aimed to investigate the vocal tract and glottal function during and after phonation into a tube and a stirring straw...
- Changes in glottal contact quotient during resonance tube phonation and phonation with vibrato
Lakeshore Professional Voice Center, Lakeshore Ear, Nose and Throat Center, St Clair Shores, Michigan, USA
J Voice 27:305-11. 2013
..Although a causal relationship is not proven, this finding suggests that the use of straws and vibrato during phonation may have potential therapeutic value in the treatment of patients with hyperfunctional voice disorders...
- Immediate acoustic effects of straw phonation exercises in subjects with dysphonic voices
University of Chile, School of Communication Sciences, Av Independencia 1027, Santiago, Chile
Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 38:35-45. 2013
..The results indicate that the use of phonatory tasks with straw exercises can have immediate therapeutic acoustic effects in dysphonic voices. Long-term effects were not assessed in this study...
- Effect on long-term average spectrum of pop singers' vocal warm-up with vocal function exercises
University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Int J Speech Lang Pathol 15:127-35. 2013
..The results of this study provide support for the advantageous effect of VFE as vocal warm-up on voice quality...
- Influence on spectral energy distribution of emotional expression
School of Communication Sciences, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Voice 27:129.e1-129.e10. 2013
..The aim of this study was to determine the influence of emotional expression in spectral energy distribution in professional theater actors...
- The use of the mobile voice laboratory in the operating room during type I thyroplasty with Gore-Tex(®)
Lakeshore Professional Voice Center and Department of Otolaryngology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 63:364-9. 2012
..The purposes of this study are to demonstrate the use of the mobile voice lab in type I thyroplasty with Gore-Tex(®) using analysis of spectrogram and fundamental frequency in the operating room, and also to show how to do this procedure...
- Influence of emotional expression, loudness, and gender on the acoustic parameters of vibrato in classical singers
Marco A Guzman
Lakeshore Professional Voice Center, Lakeshore Ear, Nose, and Throat Center, St Clair Shores, Michigan, USA
J Voice 26:675.e5-11. 2012
..Vibrato can be acoustically described by the rate, extent, onset, and regularity. The aim of this study was to determine the influence of emotional expression on acoustic parameters of vibrato in classically trained singers...