- Integrin signalling during tumour progression
Cell Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Sloan Kettering Institute Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5:816-26. 2004
..The effect of these integrins might be especially important in cancer cells that have activating mutations, or amplifications, of the genes that encode these RTKs...
- Targeted deletion of the integrin beta4 signaling domain suppresses laminin-5-dependent nuclear entry of mitogen-activated protein kinases and NF-kappaB, causing defects in epidermal growth and migration
Sotiris N Nikolopoulos
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Box 216, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:6090-102. 2005
..These findings provide evidence that beta4 signaling promotes epidermal growth and wound healing through a previously unrecognized effect on nuclear translocation of NF-kappaB and mitogen-activated protein kinases...
- Beta 4 integrin amplifies ErbB2 signaling to promote mammary tumorigenesis
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021 USA
Cell 126:489-502. 2006
..These results indicate that beta 4 integrin promotes tumor progression by amplifying ErbB2 signaling and identify beta 4 as a potential target for molecular therapy of breast cancer...
- p130Rb2 and p27kip1 cooperate to control mobilization of angiogenic progenitors from the bone marrow
Department of Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6890-5. 2005
..This article documents the role of these molecules in angiogenesis and further suggests that cell expansion and mobilization from the bone marrow of angiogenic precursors are separable events...
- Integrin beta4 signaling promotes tumor angiogenesis
Sotiris N Nikolopoulos
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Cell 6:471-83. 2004
..These results provide genetic evidence that alpha6beta4 signaling promotes the onset of the invasive phase of pathological angiogenesis and hence identify a novel target for antiangiogenic therapy...
- Analysis of integrin signaling in genetically engineered mouse models of mammary tumor progression
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Sloan Kettering Division, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Methods Enzymol 426:439-61. 2007
..In this chapter, we describe a collection of cell biological and genetic methods that may aid in characterizing the roles of integrin signals in mammary tumorigenesis...