- Costs and clinical outcomes of conventional single port and micro-laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Ethicon Endo Surgery, Inc, Cincinnati, OH, USA
JSLS 17:30-45. 2013
..This study compares hospital costs and clinical outcomes for conventional laparoscopic, single-port, and mini-laparoscopic cholecystectomy from US hospitals...
- Surgeons' volume-outcome relationship for lobectomies and wedge resections for cancer using video-assisted thoracoscopic techniques
Associate Professor of Health Care Management, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 202 Colonial Penn Center, 3641 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Minim Invasive Surg 2012:760292. 2012
..While there was a reduction in cost and resource utilization with greater experience in VATS, these outcomes were not associated with greater experience in open procedures...
- Direct health care insurer and out-of-pocket expenditures of inflammatory bowel disease: evidence from a US national survey
S2 Statistical Solutions, Inc, 11176 Main Street, Cincinnati, OH 45241, USA
Dig Dis Sci 57:3080-91. 2012
..Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC) are chronic, debilitating conditions that can have important economic and clinical implications...
- In-hospital clinical and economic consequences of pulmonary wedge resections for cancer using video-assisted thoracoscopic techniques vs traditional open resections: a retrospective database analysis
John A Howington
Division of Thoracic Surgery, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, IL, USA
Chest 141:429-35. 2012
..The objective of this study was to compare the safety, use, and cost profiles of open thoracotomy vs video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) for wedge resection in lung cancer performed by thoracic surgeons in the United States...
- Comparison of the clinical and economic outcomes between open and minimally invasive appendectomy and colectomy: evidence from a large commercial payer database
Terrence M Fullum
Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Surg Endosc 24:845-53. 2010
..Therefore, there is still controversy as to whether the MIS approach is safer or more cost effective...
- Insurer and out-of-pocket costs of osteoarthritis in the US: evidence from national survey data
De Puy, Inc, Warsaw, Indiana, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:3546-53. 2009
..The purpose of this study was to quantify by multivariate analyses the relationships between OA and annual health care expenditures borne by patients and insurers...
- Economic measurement of medical errors using a hospital claims database
Health Care Management, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Value Health 16:305-10. 2013
..The primary objective of this study was to estimate the occurrence and costs of medical errors from the hospital perspective...
- Osteoarthritis and absenteeism costs: evidence from US National Survey Data
DePuy, Inc, Warsaw, Indiana, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:263-8. 2010
..This study seeks to quantify the effects of osteoarthritis on the cost of absenteeism from work...
- Healthcare utilization and expenditures in patients with atrial fibrillation treated with catheter ablation
Joseph A Ladapo
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:1-8. 2012
..The aim was to estimate the impact of catheter ablation on short- and long-term healthcare utilization and expenditures among atrial fibrillation (AF) patients in general and Medicare populations...