- The effect of organophosphate insecticide chlorpyrifos-ethyl on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes (in vitro)
Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Suleyman Demirel University, School of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Arch Toxicol 74:533-8. 2000
- Effect of oral glucose loading on serum gastrin level in pregnant and non-pregnant women
Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, 32040 Isparta, Turkey
Croat Med J 42:151-5. 2001
..To evaluate the relationship between the changes in gastrin and insulin serum concentrations after oral glucose loading in pregnant and non-pregnant women...
- In vivo changes in antioxidant systems and protective role of melatonin and a combination of vitamin C and vitamin E on oxidative damage in erythrocytes induced by chlorpyrifos-ethyl in rats
Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Suleyman Demirel University, School of Medicine, 32040 Isparta, Turkey
Arch Toxicol 75:88-96. 2001
- Melatonin can suppress the cytotoxic effects of chlorpyrifos on human hepG2 cell lines
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:47-55. 2006
..05). It was suggested that CP shows a cytotoxic effect on HepG2 cell lines and melatonin can suppress cytotoxicity caused by CP with its antioxidant properties. Melatonin also reduces TD50 of CP for HepG2 cell lines...
- Renal deterioration caused by carcinogens as a consequence of free radical mediated tissue damage: a review of the protective action of melatonin
School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, Suleyman Demirel University, Tip Fakultesi, Biyokimya AD, 32260 Isparta, Turkey
Arch Toxicol 81:675-81. 2007
..Dietary or pharmacologically given melatonin may attenuate the oxidative stress, thereby mitigating the subsequent renal damage...
- Comparison of granisetron with granisetron plus droperidol combination prophylaxis in post-operative nausea and vomiting after laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
J Int Med Res 30:520-4. 2002
..We conclude that addition of a low dose of droperidol to granisetron prophylaxis is more effective than granisetron prophylaxis alone for successful control of PONV...
- Protective role of melatonin and a combination of vitamin C and vitamin E on lung toxicity induced by chlorpyrifos-ethyl in rats
Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Histology, Isparta, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 54:97-108. 2002
- Chlorpyrifos increases the levels of hippocampal NMDA receptor subunits NR2A and NR2B in juvenile and adult rats
Suleyman Demirel University, School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, Isparta, Turkey
Int J Neurosci 117:47-62. 2007
..05). Increased NR2A and NR2B levels may reflect increased glutaminergic activity, consequently neuronal damage. In the case of neuronal damage, learning and memory could be affected negatively even though NR2A and NR2B increased...
- Effect of long-term fluoride exposure on lipid peroxidation and histology of testes in first- and second-generation rats
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Morfoloji Binasi, Isparta 32040, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 118:260-8. 2007
..It is concluded that chronic fluorosis exposure leads to a remarkable destruction in testes tissues of F1 and F2 rats via lipid peroxidation...
- Effect of chronic fluorosis on lipid peroxidation and histology of lung tissues in first and second generation rats
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 22:375-80. 2006
..It is concluded that chronic fluorosis causes a marked destruction in lung tissues of F1 and F2 rats by causing lipid peroxidation...
- Oxidative stress in the blood of farm workers following intensive pesticide exposure
Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Blood Bank, Isparta, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 27:820-5. 2011
..05). Acetylcholinesterase activity did not show any significant differences between the two groups (p > 0.05). It is concluded that human chronic exposure to pesticides may result in stimulated antioxidant enzymes...
- The activities of antioxidant enzymes and the level of malondialdehyde in cerebellum of rats subjected to methotrexate: protective effect of caffeic acid phenethyl ester
School of Medicine Department of Neurology, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Mol Cell Biochem 291:63-8. 2006
..The increased activities of these enzymes were significantly reduced by CAPE treatment (p = 0.004, p = 0.034, respectively). As a result, CAPE may protect from oxidative damage caused by MTX treatment in rat cerebellum...
- NMDA receptor subunits 2A and 2B decrease and lipid peroxidation increase in the hippocampus of streptozotocin-diabetic rats: effects of insulin and gliclazide treatments
Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Isparta, Turkey
Int J Neurosci 114:391-401. 2004
..The results suggest that the elevation of lipid peroxidation can be the primary biochemical disturbances in diabetes progression, and that changes in NMDA receptor subunit compositions can be involved in cognitive decline in diabetes...
- Can IL-2R alpha be a valuable marker along with CA 19-9 in the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer?
Department of Gastroenterology, Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara
Int J Biol Markers 19:196-202. 2004
..Soluble interleukin 2 receptor (sIL-2R) is a cytokine that shows increased levels during some inflammatory processes and malignant disorders...
- Investigation of biochemical and histopathological effects of Mentha piperita Labiatae and Mentha spicata Labiatae on liver tissue in rats
Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 23:21-8. 2004
..It was concluded that lipid peroxidation and hepatic damage occurs after M. piperita and M. spicata administration in rat liver and the damage seems to be dose dependent...
- Effect of Mentha piperita (Labiatae) and Mentha spicata (Labiatae) on iron absorption in rats
Department of Biochemistry, Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 20:119-22. 2004
..These teas grow in different areas of the city of Isparta, Turkey. These herbals were given to the rats in tea...
- The effect of sodium valproate on chronic daily headache and its subgroups
Vedat Ali Yurekli
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, 32260 Isparta, Turkey
J Headache Pain 9:37-41. 2008
..000, respectively). VPA treatment caused more reduction in PF than placebo in the CTTH subgroup (P = 0.000). VPA is effective in the prophylactic treatment of CDH by reducing MaxVAS levels and PF. It was more effective in CM than in CTTH...
- Superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase in erythrocytes of patients with iron deficiency anemia: effects of different treatment modalities
Department of Internal Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University School of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Croat Med J 43:16-9. 2002
- Temporary confusion depending on the usage of naratriptan
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty, Suleyman Demirel University, A D 32260 Isparta, Turkey
J Headache Pain 8:340-1. 2007
..In this report, a case with vitamin B12 deficiency showing a temporary confusion depending on the usage of naratriptan during the migraine attack was presented...
- Treatment of chronic delta hepatitis with lamivudine vs lamivudine + interferon vs interferon
Gastroenterology Department, University of Ankara Medical School, Ankara, Turkey, and Hepatology Institute, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
J Viral Hepat 15:314-21. 2008
..The results of this study suggest that addition of LAM to IFN for the treatment of delta hepatitis is of no additional value and that both treatment modalities are superior to LAM monotherapy...
- The effect of benzoyl peroxide and benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin combination on the antioxidative defence system in papulopustular acne
Pinar Y Basak
Department of Dermatology, Suleyman Demirel University Faculty of Medicine, 32100 Isparta, Turkey
Eur J Dermatol 12:53-7. 2002
..Influence of the other ingredients of the formulations applied in the study must also be considered...
- Effect of chronic fluorosis on lipid peroxidation and histology of kidney tissues in first- and second-generation rats
Kocaeli University, Health High School, Kocaeli, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 102:199-208. 2004
..Most of the vascular structures were congestive. Many Bowman capsules were narrowed. The severe degenerative changes in most of the shrunken glomerules and vascular congestion were also observed...
- Light pollution, melatonin suppression and cancer growth
Russel J Reiter
J Pineal Res 40:357-8. 2006