- Asymmetric dimethylarginine and nitric oxide levels in migraine during the interictal period
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty, Trakya University, and Social Security Hospital, 22030 Edirne, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 16:672-4. 2009
..We conclude that, in patients with migraine, there is no dysfunction of baseline NO and ADMA metabolism during the interictal period...
- Glu298Asp polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene in Turkish patients with ischemic stroke
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty, Trakya University, Edirne, 22030, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 36:1539-43. 2009
..The results suggested the lack of the association between the Glu298Asp gene polymorphism and ischemic stroke or subtypes of ischemic stroke in the Turkish population...
- Migraine in metabolic syndrome
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of Trakya University, and Department of Endocrinology, Social Security Hospital, Edirne, Turkey
Neurologist 15:55-8. 2009
- The roles of oxidized low-density lipoprotein and interleukin-6 levels in acute atherothrombotic and lacunar ischemic stroke
Department of Neurology, Social Security Hospital, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
Angiology 59:224-9. 2008
..01). The results of the present study showed that oxidative stress promotes large-vessel disease rather than small-vessel disease stroke, and inflammation may play important an role in the development of small-vessel disease stroke...
- Oxidative stress and total antioxidant capacity in diabetic and nondiabetic acute ischemic stroke patients
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:695-700. 2009
..The authors conclude that oxidative stress and counterbalancing antioxidant capacity are more pronounced in diabetic acute stroke patients than in nondiabetic acute stroke patients...
- Insulin resistance and high sensitivity C-reactive protein in migraine
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of Trakya University, Turkey
Can J Neurol Sci 35:448-51. 2008
..In this study, we aimed to investigate the existence of insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction, and their relationship to vascular risk factors in patients with migraine...
- Soluble CD40 ligand and prolactin levels in migraine patients during interictal period
Department of Endocrinology, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
J Headache Pain 12:355-60. 2011
..There was no correlation between prolactin, sCD40L, and hs-CRP levels in migraine patients. We consider that the migraine patients are prone to subclinical atherosclerosis, but this tendency is independent of prolactin levels...
- Serum osteoprotegerin levels in patients with acute atherothrombotic stroke and lacunar infarct
Department of Neurology, Social Security Hospital, Edirne, Turkey
Thromb Res 120:511-6. 2007
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the OPG serum levels in acute ischemic stroke. Our study was further designed to detect differences in serum OPG levels between subtypes of ischemic stroke...
- Low leptin levels in migraine: a case control study
Trakya University Neurology, Edirne, Turkey
Headache 48:1103-7. 2008
..The aim of the study was to assess leptin levels, one of the adipocytokines, in headache-free period of migraine patients and investigate its relation to vascular risk factors...
- Subclinical Cushing's syndrome is a potential cause of metabolic dementia and rapidly progressive Alzheimer-type dementia
Department of Endocrinology, Trakya University, Medical Faculty, Edirne 22030, Turkey
Med Hypotheses 71:703-5. 2008
..We hypothesized that SCS may cause metabolic dementia, and should be searched in case of rapidly progressive dementia of Alzheimer type...
- Postural tremor as a manifestation of spontaneous intracranial hypotension
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne 22030, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 17:255-7. 2010
..The patient underwent epidural blood patching, which resulted in complete resolution of postural tremor within 2 months...