- The benefits of early intervention in obese diabetic patients with FBCx: a new dietary fibre
Grunberger Diabetes Institute, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 23:56-62. 2007
..In the current double-blind study, obese patients with type 2 diabetes were recruited for a 3-month study to examine the health effects of a new dietary fibre, FBCx...
- The need for better insulin therapy
Grunberger Diabetes Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 15:1-5. 2013
- Quo vadis nateglinide? Ten-year perspective
Grunberger Diabetes Institute, 43494 Woodward Avenue, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:2097-106. 2011
- Fetuin-null mice are protected against obesity and insulin resistance associated with aging
Suresh T Mathews
Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 350:437-43. 2006
..Taken together, this study suggests that the absence of fetuin may contribute to the improvement of insulin sensitivity associated with aging...
- Role of chronic hyperglycemia in the pathogenesis of coronary microvascular dysfunction in diabetes
Marcelo F Di Carli
Department of Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1387-93. 2003
..We sought to determine the differences in coronary microvascular function between patients with type 1 (insulin-deficient) and type 2 (insulin-resistant) diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- The C-peptide signaling
Grunberger Diabetes Institute, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48302, USA
Exp Diabesity Res 5:25-36. 2004
..Lacking a purified C-peptide receptor, we also demonstrate C-peptide effects on distinct elements of the insulin signal transduction pathways...
- Coronary vascular dysfunction in premenopausal women with diabetes mellitus
Marcelo F Di Carli
Department of Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Mich, USA
Am Heart J 144:711-8. 2002
..The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of diabetes on coronary vascular function in premenopausal women...
- Hippocampal neuronal apoptosis in type 1 diabetes
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Brain Res 946:221-31. 2002
..The data also suggest that this is at least in part related to impaired insulin and/or IGF activities...
- Improved insulin sensitivity and resistance to weight gain in mice null for the Ahsg gene
Suresh T Mathews
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Diabetes 51:2450-8. 2002
- Effect of a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonist on myocardial blood flow in type 2 diabetes
Graham T McMahon
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Division of Nuclear Medicine, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diabetes Care 28:1145-50. 2005
..Higher ambient glucose levels contribute to impaired vascular reactivity in individuals with diabetes...
- Addition of nateglinide to rosiglitazone monotherapy suppresses mealtime hyperglycemia and improves overall glycemic control
Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Diabetes Care 26:1685-90. 2003
..Therefore, nateglinide substantially improves the likelihood of achieving a therapeutic target of HbA(1c) <7.0%...
- Road maps to achieve glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus: ACE/AACE Diabetes Road Map Task Force
Paul S Jellinger
Endocr Pract 13:260-8. 2007
- Type 1 diabetic neuropathy and C-peptide
Anders A F Sima
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Exp Diabesity Res 5:65-77. 2004
..Large-scale food and drug administration (FDA)-approved clinical trials are necessary to make this natural substance available to the globally increasing type 1 diabetic population...