Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu
- Ficai D, Grumezescu V, Fufă O, Popescu R, Holban A, Ficai A, et al. Antibiofilm Coatings Based on PLGA and Nanostructured Cefepime-Functionalized Magnetite. Nanomaterials (Basel). 2018;8: pubmed publisher..The PLGA/Fe?O?@CEF materials proved significant and sustained anti-biofilm activity against staphylococcal and Escherichia coli colonisation. ..
- Balaure P, Grumezescu A. Methods for synthesizing the macromolecular constituents of smart nanosized carriers for controlled drug delivery. Curr Med Chem. 2014;21:3333-74 pubmed..Both divergent and convergent approaches to dendrimer synthesis are described along with the therapeutic applications taking advantage of the unique branched tree-like globular structure of dendrimers to treat cancer. ..
- Mogosanu G, Grumezescu A, Huang K, Bejenaru L, Bejenaru C. Prevention of microbial communities: novel approaches based natural products. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2015;16:94-111 pubmed..In this regard, an interdisciplinary approach is needed due to the large number of natural derivatives alone or in combination with biocompatible and biodegradable micro-/ nano-engineered materials. ..
- Istrate C, Holban A, Grumezescu A, MogoantÄƒ L, MogoÅŸanu G, Savopol T, et al. Iron oxide nanoparticles modulate the interaction of different antibiotics with cellular membranes. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2014;55:849-56 pubmed
- Popescu R, Andronescu E, Grumezescu A. In vivo evaluation of Feâ‚ƒOâ‚„ nanoparticles. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2014;55:1013-8 pubmed..Several commercial Fe3O4 systems used as contrast agents for medical imaging and cancer treatment by hyperthermia are briefly presented in the last section. ..
- Voicu G, Anghel A, Badea M, Bordei E, Crantea G, GavrilÄƒ R, et al. Silica network improve the effect of fludarabine and paclitaxel on HCT8 cell line. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2014;55:545-51 pubmed..These data represent preliminary study on the impact on silica nano-networks in targeted delivery and controlled release of antitumor drugs and they may be efficiently used for future biomedical applications in cancer therapy. ..
- Marin S, Vlasceanu G, Tiplea R, Bucur I, Lemnaru M, Marin M, et al. Applications and toxicity of silver nanoparticles: a recent review. Curr Top Med Chem. 2015;15:1596-604 pubmed..The authors report an up to date review related to the toxicity of AgNPs and their applications in antimicrobial activity and biosensors for gene therapy. ..
- Mogoşanu G, Grumezescu A, Chifiriuc M. Keratin-based biomaterials for biomedical applications. Curr Drug Targets. 2014;15:518-30 pubmed
- Cabuzu D, Cirja A, Puiu R, Grumezescu A. Biomedical applications of gold nanoparticles. Curr Top Med Chem. 2015;15:1605-13 pubmed
- Holban A, Gestal M, Grumezescu A. New molecular strategies for reducing implantable medical devices associated infections. Curr Med Chem. 2014;21:3375-82 pubmed
- Grumezescu A, Chifiriuc C. Prevention of microbial biofilms - the contribution of micro and nanostructured materials. Curr Med Chem. 2014;21:3311 pubmed
- Holban A, Iordanskii A, Grumezescu A, Bychkova A, Andronescu E, MogoantÄƒ L, et al. Prosthetic devices with nanostructurated surfaces for increased resistance to microbial colonization. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2015;16:112-20 pubmed..The main aspects regarding the biocompatibility and the application of these nanomodified prosthetic devices in tissue engineering are also highlighted. ..
- Chircov C, Grumezescu A, Bejenaru L. Hyaluronic acid-based scaffolds for tissue engineering. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2018;59:71-76 pubmed..Depending on the processing technique, scaffolds can be prepared in the form of hydrogels, sponges, cryogels, and injectable hydrogels, all discussed in this review. ..
- MeliÅ£Äƒ E, Purcel G, Grumezescu A. Carbon nanotubes for cancer therapy and neurodegenerative diseases. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2015;56:349-56 pubmed..Also, we highlight the in vitro and in vivo applications of CNTs-mediated cancer therapy and we will explain why CNTs are used for the treatment of difficult tumors. ..
- Popescu R, Grumezescu A. Metal based frameworks for drug delivery systems. Curr Top Med Chem. 2015;15:1532-42 pubmed..Moreover, AuNPs posses special properties which make them useful in concomitant diagnostic by medical imaging and tumor ablation by means of photothermal activation. ..
- Bilcu M, Grumezescu A, Oprea A, Popescu R, Mogoşanu G, Hristu R, et al. Efficiency of vanilla, patchouli and ylang ylang essential oils stabilized by iron oxide@C14 nanostructures against bacterial adherence and biofilms formed by Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical strains. Molecules. 2014;19:17943-56 pubmed publisher
- Radulescu M, Holban A, Mogoanta L, Bălşeanu T, Mogoşanu G, Savu D, et al. Fabrication, Characterization, and Evaluation of Bionanocomposites Based on Natural Polymers and Antibiotics for Wound Healing Applications. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..The evaluation of antimicrobial potential was evaluated by the viable cell count assay on strains belonging to two clinically relevant bacterial species (i.e., Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus). ..
- Popescu R, FufÄƒ M, Grumezescu A. Metal-based nanosystems for diagnosis. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2015;56:635-49 pubmed
- Limban C, Missir A, Caproiu M, Grumezescu A, Chifiriuc M, Bleotu C, et al. Novel Hybrid Formulations Based on Thiourea Derivatives and Core@Shell Fe?O?@C18 Nanostructures for the Development of Antifungal Strategies. Nanomaterials (Basel). 2018;8: pubmed publisher..albicans infections. ..
- Ion A, Andronescu E, Rădulescu D, Radulescu M, Iordache F, Vasile B, et al. Biocompatible 3D Matrix with Antimicrobial Properties. Molecules. 2016;21:E115 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly recommend the obtained 3D matrix to be used as a successful alternative for the fabrication of three dimensional (3D) anti-infective regeneration matrix for bone tissue engineering. ..
- Radulescu M, Andronescu E, Cirja A, Holban A, Mogoanta L, Bălşeanu T, et al. Antimicrobial coatings based on zinc oxide and orange oil for improved bioactive wound dressings and other applications. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2016;57:107-14 pubmed
- Anghel A, Grumezescu A, Chirea M, Grumezescu V, Socol G, Iordache F, et al. MAPLE fabricated Fe3O4@Cinnamomum verum antimicrobial surfaces for improved gastrostomy tubes. Molecules. 2014;19:8981-94 pubmed publisher..Microbiological assays on nanoparticle-modified G-tube surfaces have proved an improvement of anti-adherent properties, significantly reducing both Gram negative and Gram positive bacteria colonization. ..
- Grumezescu A, Andronescu E, Ficai A, Bleotu C, Mihaiescu D, Chifiriuc M. Synthesis, characterization and in vitro assessment of the magnetic chitosan-carboxymethylcellulose biocomposite interactions with the prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Int J Pharm. 2012;436:771-7 pubmed publisher..The obtained systems are not cytotoxic and do not influence the eukaryotic HCT8 cell cycle, representing potential tools for the delivery of drugs in a safe, effective and less expensive manner...
- Radulescu M, Andronescu E, Dolete G, Popescu R, Fufă O, Chifiriuc M, et al. Silver Nanocoatings for Reducing the Exogenous Microbial Colonization of Wound Dressings. Materials (Basel). 2016;9: pubmed publisher..The reported data recommend this type of coatings to obtain modified WDs with antibacterial properties, able to prevent the exogenous microbial contamination of the wound tissue, colonization and further biofilm development. ..
- Popescu R, Andronescu E, Vasile B, Trusca R, Boldeiu A, Mogoanta L, et al. Fabrication and Cytotoxicity of Gemcitabine-Functionalized Magnetite Nanoparticles. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..These results indicate that our Gemcitabine-functionalized nanoparticles are a promising targeted system for applications in cancer therapy. ..
- Liakos I, Holban A, Carzino R, Lauciello S, Grumezescu A. Electrospun Fiber Pads of Cellulose Acetate and Essential Oils with Antimicrobial Activity. Nanomaterials (Basel). 2017;7: pubmed publisher..This work describes an effective and simple method to prepare CA/EOs ESFs and opens up many new applications of micro/nanofibers such as improved antimicrobial wound dressings, anti-biofilm surfaces, sensors and packaging alternatives. ..
- Grigore M, Biscu E, Holban A, Gestal M, Grumezescu A. Methods of Synthesis, Properties and Biomedical Applications of CuO Nanoparticles. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2016;9: pubmed..It is also believed that these nanosystems could represent efficient alternatives in the development of smart systems utilized both for the detection of pathogens and for the treatment of infections. ..