- A critical appraisal of lithium's efficacy and effectiveness: the last 60 years
Mood Disorders Center of Ottawa, Ottawa
Bipolar Disord 11:10-9. 2009
..More recently, lithium has also proven to dramatically reduce suicidal behavior and mortality and to augment markedly the efficacy of antidepressants in unresponsive patients...
- Maintenance treatment of adolescent bipolar disorder: open study of the effectiveness and tolerability of quetiapine
Department of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 9:4. 2009
..The purpose of the study was to determine the effectiveness and tolerability of quetiapine as a maintenance treatment preventing against relapse or recurrence of acute mood episodes in adolescent patients diagnosed with bipolar disorder...
- Lithium response across generations
Mood Disorders Center of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Acta Psychiatr Scand 120:378-85. 2009
..To describe and integrate observations from bipolar patients responsive to lithium stabilization and their children...
- Salivary cortisol secretion in remitted bipolar patients and offspring of bipolar parents
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bipolar Disord 8:345-9. 2006
..The purpose of this study is to replicate findings of increased cortisol secretion during clinical remission in bipolar patients and in the offspring of bipolar parents, rigorously controlling for known confounders...
- "Mood-stabilizers: the archeology of the concept"--by M Harris, S Chandran, N Chakraborty and D Healy: a commentary
University of Ottawa, Royal Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bipolar Disord 5:453-5. 2003
- MMPI as a measure of subthreshold and residual psychopathology among the offspring of lithium responsive and non-responsive bipolar parents
Bipolar Disorders Research Unit, Royal Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bipolar Disord 6:323-8. 2004
..Further, the nature of the residual symptoms as indicated by the abnormal MMPIs support the view of heterogeneity of the bipolar diagnosis. The relevance to treatment response is discussed...
- Sixty years of lithium responders
Mood Disorders Center of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada paul_grof mdco ca
Neuropsychobiology 62:8-16. 2010
..The next stage then unfolds in adolescence, first with depressive and later with activated episodes. The observations have a potential to markedly enrich the prevailing understanding and management of mood disorders...