Affiliation: University of Thessaly, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine
Location: Larissa, Greece
1st Department of Internal Medicine, General Hospital of Larissa, Greece
National Health System/Teaching Hospital
Resident in Internal Medicine
Clinical work in the full spectrum of Internal Medicine
Emergency cover & management
Participation in Departmental meetings
Assistance in the teaching & training of interns and junior residents
Medical Oncology Clinic, University Hospital of Larissa, Greece;
Department of Medical Oncology, School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences University of Thessaly, Greece
National Health System/UniversityTeaching Hospital
Honorary Clinical & Research Associate (Part-time)
• Implementation of clinical and basic research projects; involvement in clinical trials as Co-investigator, attending & participating in daily and on-call activities of the Clinic
OCTOBER 2008-SEPTEMBER 2009
Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HeCOG)
Non-governmental medical organisation (NGO)
Medical Oncology Clinical Study Assistant & Data Manager (Full-time)
• Involvement in HeCOG clinical trials as Sub-investigator, Study Assistant, Data Manager & Translational Research Co-ordinator
- Vlachostergios P, Patrikidou A, Daliani D, Papandreou C. The ubiquitin-proteasome system in cancer, a major player in DNA repair. Part 2: transcriptional regulation. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3019-31 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the contribution of UPS to the regulation of localization and accessibility of DNA repair proteins to chromatin, in response to cellular stress is discussed. ..
- Vlachostergios P, Daliani D, Dimopoulos V, Patrikidou A, Voutsadakis I, Papandreou C. Nonbacterial thrombotic (marantic) endocarditis in a patient with colorectal cancer. Onkologie. 2010;33:456-9 pubmed publisher..In these cases, it is often difficult to establish a definite diagnosis; however, immediate anticoagulation treatment is mandatory for the prevention of de novo or further thromboembolic events. ..
- Vlachostergios P, Voutsadakis I, Papandreou C. Orbital metastasis of breast carcinoma. Breast Cancer (Auckl). 2009;3:91-7 pubmed..Breast cancer accounts for the majority of these cases. The appearance of eye symptoms in patients with a history of cancer should always be investigated with a consideration of ocular metastatic disease. ..
- Patrikidou A, Vlachostergios P, Voutsadakis I, Hatzidaki E, Valeri R, Destouni C, et al. Inverse baseline expression pattern of the NEP/neuropeptides and NF?B/proteasome pathways in androgen-dependent and androgen-independent prostate cancer cells. Cancer Cell Int. 2011;11:13 pubmed publisher..NEP and ET-1 are inversely and directly related to an activated state of the NF?B/proteasome pathway, respectively. A combination therapy targeting both pathways may ultimately prove to be of benefit in clinical practice. ..
- Gioulbasanis I, Georgoulias P, Vlachostergios P, Baracos V, Ghosh S, Giannousi Z, et al. Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA) and biochemical markers of cachexia in metastatic lung cancer patients: interrelations and associations with prognosis. Lung Cancer. 2011;74:516-20 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the correlation of MNA with laboratory markers of inflammation/cachexia in patients with metastatic lung cancer. The prognostic value of the measured parameters was also examined...
- Vlachostergios P, Patrikidou A, Daliani D, Papandreou C. The ubiquitin-proteasome system in cancer, a major player in DNA repair. Part 1: post-translational regulation. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3006-18 pubmed publisher....
- Vlachostergios P, Voutsadakis I, Barbanis S, Karasavvidou F, Papandreou C. AFP-producing hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the stomach: a case report. Cases J. 2009;2:9296 pubmed publisher..Poor outcome in most of the cases is due to the fact that, as in our patient, metastatic disease is already present at diagnosis. ..
- Vlachostergios P, Karasavvidou F, Patrikidou A, Voutsadakis I, Kakkas G, Moutzouris G, et al. p53 and cyclooxygenase-2 expression are directly associated with cyclin D1 expression in radical prostatectomy specimens of patients with hormone-naïve prostate cancer. Pathol Oncol Res. 2012;18:245-52 pubmed publisher..With respect to COX-2 and cyclin D1, further studies are required to elucidate their role in early prediction of PCa relapse after RP. ..
- Vlachostergios P, Papandreou C. The Bmi-1/NF-?B/VEGF story: another hint for proteasome involvement in glioma angiogenesis?. J Cell Commun Signal. 2013;7:235-7 pubmed publisher....
- Vlachostergios P, Voutsadakis I, Papandreou C. The role of ubiquitin-proteasome system in glioma survival and growth. Growth Factors. 2013;31:106-13 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the involvement of UPS in the regulation of several mediators and effectors of these pathways in malignant gliomas...