Affiliation: University of Athens
- An assessment of serum leptin levels in patients with chronic viral hepatitis: a prospective studySpilios Manolakopoulos
Department of Gastroenterology, Polyclinic General Hospital, Athens, Greece
BMC Gastroenterol 7:17. 2007....
- Successful medical treatment of Candida endocarditis with liposomal amphotericin B without surgical interventionF Stripeli
Second Department of Pediatrics, Athens University School of Medicine, P. and A. Kyriakou Children's Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Pediatr 167:469-70. 2008
- Scedosporium apiospermum skeletal infection in an immunocompetent childFotini Stripeli
Second Department of Pediatrics, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, Thivon and Levadias Street, Athens, Greece
Med Mycol 47:441-4. 2009..Following a new arthrotomy, Scedosporium apiospermum was isolated. The patient was cured with intravenous administration of voriconazole without any side effects and has no evidence of relapse after four years of follow-up...
- Performance of rapid influenza testing in hospitalized childrenF Stripeli
P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:683-8. 2010..Infection with influenza virus is unlikely if the test is negative. A positive result suggests that infection is probable if influenza virus circulates in the community...
- Impact of influenza infection on children's hospital admissions during two seasons in Athens, GreeceZ Sakkou
Second Department of Pediatrics of the University of Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Vaccine 29:1167-72. 2011..Influenza is associated with high hospitalization rates among young children and these may be substantially reduced with the introduction of routine immunization...
- Influenza A/H1N1/2009 outbreak in a neonatal intensive care unitV Tsagris
Second Department of Paediatrics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Medicine, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Hosp Infect 81:36-40. 2012..Annual vaccination of all healthcare workers (HCWs) against seasonal influenza is recommended but compliance is low and exposure to infected staff as the source of nosocomial outbreaks has been described...