Affiliation: University of Athens
- Bamias A, Lainakis G, Kastritis E, Antoniou N, Alivizatos G, Koureas A, et al. Biweekly carboplatin/gemcitabine in patients with advanced urothelial cancer who are unfit for cisplatin-based chemotherapy: report of efficacy, quality of life and geriatric assessment. Oncology. 2007;73:290-7 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment quality of life and geriatric assessment may be useful in selecting patients likely to benefit from this treatment. ..
- Bamias A, Psaltopoulou T, Sotiropoulou M, Haidopoulos D, Lianos E, Bournakis E, et al. Mucinous but not clear cell histology is associated with inferior survival in patients with advanced stage ovarian carcinoma treated with platinum-paclitaxel chemotherapy. Cancer. 2010;116:1462-8 pubmed publisher..6 months). Mucinous but not clear cell histology is associated with significantly worse prognosis in advanced ovarian cancer treated with combination platinum/paclitaxel. Different therapeutic strategies should be studied in this entity. ..
- Bamias A, Papadimitriou C, Efstathiou E, Rodolakis A, Vlahos G, Voulgaris Z, et al. Four cycles of paclitaxel and carboplatin as adjuvant treatment in early-stage ovarian cancer: a six-year experience of the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:228 pubmed..03). Paclitaxel/Carboplatin chemotherapy is a safe and effective adjuvant treatment in early-stage ovarian carcinoma. Patients with stages Ic-IIb and tumor grade 2 or 3 may benefit from more extensive treatment. ..
- Bamias A, Bozas G, Antoniou N, Poulias I, Katsifotis H, Skolarikos A, et al. Prognostic and predictive factors in patients with androgen-independent prostate cancer treated with docetaxel and estramustine: a single institution experience. Eur Urol. 2008;53:323-31 pubmed..Extraosseous metastases seem to be more sensitive than bone disease to this chemotherapy. ..
- Bamias A, Karadimou A, Lampaki S, Lainakis G, Malettou L, Timotheadou E, et al. Prognostic stratification of patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinib: comparison with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering prognostic factors model. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:45 pubmed publisher..Studies on risk stratification of patients with advanced RCC treated with targeted therapies are warranted. Our results suggest that a simpler than the MSKCC model can be developed. Such models should be further validated. ..
- Bamias A, Sotiropoulou M, Zagouri F, Trachana P, Sakellariou K, Kostouros E, et al. Prognostic evaluation of tumour type and other histopathological characteristics in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer, treated with surgery and paclitaxel/carboplatin chemotherapy: cell type is the most useful prognostic factor. Eur J Cancer. 2012;48:1476-83 pubmed publisher..The proposed model of ovarian tumourigenesis does not reflect tumour behaviour in advanced disease. Tumour-cell type is the most relevant histopathological prognostic factor in advanced ovarian cancer treated with platinum/paclitaxel. ..
- Bamias A, Deliveliotis C, Fountzilas G, Gika D, Anagnostopoulos A, Zorzou M, et al. Adjuvant chemotherapy with paclitaxel and carboplatin in patients with advanced carcinoma of the upper urinary tract: a study by the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:2150-4 pubmed..We prospectively studied a cohort of patients who underwent surgery for high-risk carcinoma of the upper urinary tract to assess the feasibility of the combination of paclitaxel and carboplatin as adjuvant treatment...