K O Sarri
Affiliation: University of Crete
- Sugar-added beverages consumption among kindergarten children of Crete: effects on nutritional status and risk of obesityManolis Linardakis
Preventive Medicine and Nutrition Clinic, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Greece
BMC Public Health 8:279. 2008..To assess the intake of sugar-added beverages such as soft drinks and commercially available fruit juices in kindergarten children, and to examine its association with obesity indices, physical activity levels and dietary habits...
- Effects of Greek Orthodox Christian Church fasting on serum lipids and obesityKaterina O Sarri
Department of Social Medicine, University of Crete, School of Medicine, P, O Box 1393, Iraklion 71110, Crete, Greece
BMC Public Health 3:16. 2003..No study to date has focused on the impact of Greek Orthodox Christian fasting on serum lipoproteins and obesity yet...
- Greek Orthodox fasting rituals: a hidden characteristic of the Mediterranean diet of CreteKaterina O Sarri
Department of Social Medicine, University of Crete, School of Medicine, PO Box 2208, Iraklion 71003, Greece
Br J Nutr 92:277-84. 2004....
- Does the periodic vegetarianism of Greek Orthodox Christians benefit blood pressure?Katerina Sarri
Department of Social Medicine, University of Crete, School of Medicine, PO Box 2208, Iraklion 71003, Crete, Greece
Prev Med 44:341-8. 2007..The Greek Orthodox Christian (GOC) diet is a periodic vegetarian-type diet that shares all the characteristics of the Mediterranean diet. No study to date has investigated its impact on blood pressure (BP)...
- Adipose DHA inversely associated with depression as measured by the Beck Depression InventoryK O Sarri
Preventive Medicine and Nutrition Clinic, Faculty of Social Medicine, Department of Social Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Crete, P O Box 2208, Iraklion 71003, Crete, Greece
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 78:117-22. 2008....
- Is religious fasting related to iron status in Greek Orthodox Christians?Katerina O Sarri
Division of Developmental Medicine Human Nutrition Section, Yorkhill Hospital, Dalnair Street, Glasgow G3 8SJ, UK
Br J Nutr 94:198-203. 2005..038 and P = 0.001, respectively). Adherence to the Orthodox Christian dietary guidelines does not have a major impact on Fe status and is not associated with a significantly greater degree of Fe deficiency...