Affiliation: University of Patras
- Anti-MuSK- and anti-AChR-positive myasthenia gravis induced by d-penicillamineKonstantinos Poulas
Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, GR 26500, Patras, Greece
J Neuroimmunol 250:94-8. 2012..In most patients with D-penicillamine-induced MG, anti-AChR antibodies are detected, but the presence of anti-MuSK antibodies has not been reported previously...
- Population-ethnic group specific genome variation allele frequency data: a querying and visualization journeyEmmanouil Viennas
Department of Computer Engineering and Informatics, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Genomics 100:93-101. 2012....
- Genetics of myasthenia gravis: a case-control association study in the Hellenic populationZoi Zagoriti
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology, Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, University of Patras, Rion, 26504 Patras, Greece
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:484919. 2012..As far as we are aware, this is the first worldwide attempt to address the possible association between IRF-5 and TNFAIP3 common genetic variants and the genetic basis of MG...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the HBBP1 gene in the human β-globin locus is associated with a mild β-thalassemia disease phenotypeEmily Giannopoulou
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology, Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, University of Patras, University Campus, Rion, Patras, Greece
Hemoglobin 36:433-45. 2012..Our data suggest that the rs2071348 polymorphism is associated with higher Hb F levels and a milder β-thal disease phenotype. However, the rs2071348 polymorphism in the HBBP1 gene does not correlate with response to HU treatment...
- Genomic variation in the MAP3K5 gene is associated with β-thalassemia disease severity and hydroxyurea treatment efficacyChristina Tafrali
University of Patras, School of Health Sciences, Department of Pharmacy, University Campus, Rion, Patras, Greece
Pharmacogenomics 14:469-83. 2013..Furthermore, we examined MAP3K5 expression in the context of high fetal hemoglobin (HbF) and upon HU treatment in erythroid progenitor cells from healthy and KLF1 haploinsufficient individuals...
- Isolation and functional characterization of anti-acetylcholine receptor subunit-specific autoantibodies from myasthenic patients: receptor loss in cell cultureSotiris Sideris
Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, 26504 Patras, Greece
J Neuroimmunol 189:111-7. 2007....
- FINDbase: a worldwide database for genetic variation allele frequencies updatedMarianthi Georgitsi
Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Nucleic Acids Res 39:D926-32. 2011....
- Muscle and neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Structure, function and pathogenicityDimitra Kalamida
Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, Rio Patras, Greece
FEBS J 274:3799-845. 2007..Here, we review some of the latest advances in our understanding of nAChRs and their involvement in physiology and pathology...
- A computational investigation on the role of glycosylation in the binding of alpha1 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor with two alpha-neurotoxinsNikolaos Dimitropoulos
Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, GR 26504, Patras, Greece
Proteins 79:142-52. 2011..Analysis of the predicted residue-specific intermolecular interactions is intended to inspire biophysical studies on the functional role of glycosylation in the gating mechanism...
- Genetic databases and their potential in pharmacogenomicsGeorge Lagoumintzis
Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Curr Pharm Des 16:2224-31. 2010..Moreover, the key elements that are holding back the field as well as the challenges that should be addressed in the near future are also commented...