Affiliation: University of Athens
- Pectasides D, Karavasilis V, Papaxoinis G, Gourgioti G, Makatsoris T, Raptou G, et al. Randomized phase III clinical trial comparing the combination of capecitabine and oxaliplatin (CAPOX) with the combination of 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin and oxaliplatin (modified FOLFOX6) as adjuvant therapy in patients with operated high-risk stage . BMC Cancer. 2015;15:384 pubmed publisher..ANZCTR 12610000509066 . Date of Registration: June 21, 2010. ..
- Pectasides D, Kamposioras K, Papaxoinis G, Pectasides E. Chemotherapy for recurrent cervical cancer. Cancer Treat Rev. 2008;34:603-13 pubmed publisher....
- Pectasides D, Papaxoinis G, Kalogeras K, Eleftheraki A, Xanthakis I, Makatsoris T, et al. XELIRI-bevacizumab versus FOLFIRI-bevacizumab as first-line treatment in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group phase III trial with collateral biomarker analysis. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:271 pubmed publisher..However, the toxicity profile was different. Baseline plasma osteopontin concentrations demonstrated independent prognostic significance. ( ACTRN12610000270011). ..
- Kampra M, Tzerakis N, Losidis S, Katsarou E, Voudris K, Mastroyianni S, et al. Teachers' knowledge about epilepsy in Greece: Information sources and attitudes towards children with epilepsy during school time. Epilepsy Behav. 2016;60:218-224 pubmed publisher..Further research in the field is necessary to provide teachers with accurate information about the illness and the ways to cope with it. ..
- Kampra M, Tzerakis N, Lund Holm Thomsen L, Katsarou E, Voudris K, D Mastroyianni S, et al. The challenges that parents of children with epilepsy face: A qualitative study. Epilepsy Behav. 2017;71:94-103 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that Greek authorities should staff hospitals and schools with experts and more systematically advertise sources of information about epilepsy and ways to cope with it. ..
- Pentheroudakis G, Kotoula V, De Roock W, Kouvatseas G, Papakostas P, Makatsoris T, et al. Biomarkers of benefit from cetuximab-based therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer: interaction of EGFR ligand expression with RAS/RAF, PIK3CA genotypes. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:49 pubmed publisher..AREG mRNA reflects EGFR signalling in KRAS wild type tumours, predicting for cetuximab efficacy when high and failure when low. EREG may have a prognostic role independent of KRAS mutation. ..
- Pectasides D, Pectasides E, Kassanos D. Germ cell tumors of the ovary. Cancer Treat Rev. 2008;34:427-41 pubmed publisher..MOGCTs are rare neoplasms that affect girls and young women and have excellent prognosis at all stages of disease with optimal therapy. The majority of MOGCTs patients retain their reproductive function. ..
- Pectasides D, Nikolaou M, Pectasides E, Koumarianou A, Valavanis C, Economopoulos T. Complete response after imatinib mesylate administration in a patient with chemoresistant stage IV seminoma. Anticancer Res. 2008;28:2317-20 pubmed..The patient is under close follow-up, with no evidence of disease, 36 months after the completion of chemotherapy and 32 months post surgery. ..
- Pectasides D, Pectasides E, Papaxoinis G, Skondra M, Gerostathou M, Karageorgopoulou S, et al. Testicular function in poor-risk nonseminomatous germ cell tumors treated with methotrexate, paclitaxel, ifosfamide, and cisplatin combination chemotherapy. J Androl. 2009;30:280-6 pubmed publisher..The majority of men with poor-risk germ cell tumors who were treated with the M-TIP regimen demonstrated recovery spermatogenesis after treatment, and Leydig cell function was unaffected. ..
- Pectasides D, Papaxoinis G, Nikolaou M, Valavanis C, Aravantinos G, Fountzilas G, et al. Analysis of 7 immunohistochemical markers in male germ cell tumors demonstrates the prognostic significance of p53 and MIB-1. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:737-44 pubmed..Among 7 immunohistochemical markers, p53 and MIB-1 demonstrated prognostic significance. Their combination may contribute to improvement of the accuracy of the currently approved prognostic system (IGCCCG). ..
- Pectasides D, Kotoula V, Papaxoinis G, Alexopoulou Z, Dervenis C, Samantas E, et al. Expression Patterns of Growth and Survival Genes with Prognostic Implications in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6347-6356 pubmed....
- Pectasides D, Pectasides M, Farmakis D, Aravantinos G, Nikolaou M, Koumpou M, et al. Gemcitabine and oxaliplatin (GEMOX) in patients with cisplatin-refractory germ cell tumors: a phase II study. Ann Oncol. 2004;15:493-7 pubmed..To investigate the efficacy and toxicity of the combination of gemcitabine and oxaliplatin (GEMOX) in patients with relapsed or cisplatin-refractory non-seminomatous germ cell tumors (NSGCT)...
- Pectasides D, Pectasides E, Economopoulos T. Fallopian tube carcinoma: a review. Oncologist. 2006;11:902-12 pubmed..Primary fallopian tube carcinoma (PFTC) is a rare tumor that histologically and clinically resembles epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC). The purpose of this study is to review the current available literature data on PFTC...
- Pectasides D, Pectasides E, Papaxoinis G, Xiros N, Sykiotis C, Papachristodoulou A, et al. Combination chemotherapy with carboplatin, paclitaxel and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin for advanced or recurrent carcinosarcoma of the uterus: clinical experience of a single institution. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;110:299-303 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the activity and toxicity of carboplatin, paclitaxel and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin combination in advanced or recurrent of the uterine carcinosarcoma...
- Pectasides D, Pectasides E, Constantinidou A, Aravantinos G. Stage I testicular seminoma: management and controversies. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2009;71:22-8 pubmed publisher..Standard treatment with radiotherapy is challenged by surveillance and chemotherapy. Toxicity issues and patients' preferences are considered when management decisions are made...