Affiliation: University of Crete
- Customized pachymetric guided epithelial debridement for corneal collagen cross linkingGeorge D Kymionis
Institute of Vision and Optics, Department of Medicine, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
BMC Ophthalmol 9:10. 2009..The technique may overcome the current corneal pachymetric limitation parameter (over 400 microns) that is necessary for the safety of the procedure without affecting the overall benefits...
- The significance of opthalmologic evaluation in the early diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism: the Cretan experienceDaria P Tsagaraki
Department of Opthalmology, School of Medicine, University Hospital, Crete Medical School, Crete, Greece
BMC Ophthalmol 2:2. 2002..There are very few written reports on ocular findings in subjects with IEM, thus it was interesting to study the frequency of ocular findings in the studied population and explore their contribution to the early diagnosis of IEM...
- Objective measurement of wavefront aberrations with and without accommodationL G Pallikaris
Vardinoyannion Eye Institute of Crete, University of Crete, Greece
J Refract Surg 17:S602-7. 2001..We report on experimental studies of the spatially resolved refractometer Tracey-1, developed in Ukraine by IBME in medical cooperation with VEIC, Greece...
- Induced optical aberrations following formation of a laser in situ keratomileusis flapIoannis G Pallikaris
Department of Ophthalmology, Vardinoyannion Eye Institute of Crete, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1737-41. 2002..To determine how refractive error, visual acuity, and high-order aberrations (3rd- and 4th-order) are affected by the formation of a lamellar corneal flap during laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)...
- Forward scattering properties of corneal hazeDirk De Brouwere
Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Optom Vis Sci 85:843-8. 2008..It was the purpose of this study to demonstrate a single-pass technique to objectively measure forward scattering properties of excised rabbit corneas...
- Narrow angle light scatter in rabbit corneas after excimer laser surface ablationHarilaos Ginis
Department of Medicine, Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete 71003, Greece
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 29:357-62. 2009..5 degrees full-width at half maximum (FWHM) in accordance with the sizes of the subepithelial structures (5-150 microm).The intensity of scattered light is correlated with the thickness of the subepithelial scar-tissue layer...
- Effect of somatostatin on nitric oxide production in human retinal pigment epithelium cell culturesAnna Vasilaki
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraclion, Crete, Greece
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1499-506. 2004..To investigate the presence of somatostatin and its receptors (sst(1-5) receptors) and their possible involvement in the regulation of nitric oxide (NO) production in human RPE cell cultures...
- Somatostatin receptor activation (sst(1) -sst(5) ) differentially influences human retinal pigment epithelium cell viabilityThekla Papadaki
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Acta Ophthalmol 88:e228-33. 2010..To investigate the differential effects of somatostatin and its receptors (sst(1-5) ) on the viability of cultured human retinal pigment epithelium (hRPE) cells...
- Dry eye after photorefractive keratectomy with adjuvant mitomycin CGeorge D Kymionis
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
J Refract Surg 22:511-3. 2006..To report a patient with dry eye after bilateral photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) with mitomycin C treatment in one eye...
- The role of lanreotide in the treatment of choroidal neovascularization secondary to age-related macular degeneration: a pilot clinical trialThekla Papadaki
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Crete Medical School, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Retina 23:800-7. 2003..To evaluate the role of somatostatin in the treatment of subfoveal choroidal neovascularization (CNV)...
- Epithelial ingrowth after laser in situ keratomileusis: a histopathologic study in human corneasIrene Naoumidi
Vardinoyannion Eye Institute of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Arch Ophthalmol 121:950-5. 2003..To report the histopathologic findings in 4 human corneas that developed epithelial ingrowth after laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK), at various postoperative intervals...