Affiliation: University of Crete
- Variability of wavefront aberration measurements in small pupil sizes using a clinical Shack-Hartmann aberrometerHarilaos S Ginis
Vardinoyiannion Eye Institute of Crete VEIC, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
BMC Ophthalmol 4:1. 2004..We report on the variability of such an instrument at two different pupil sizes...
- The reflectance of single cones in the living human eyeAristofanis Pallikaris
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14672, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4580-92. 2003..To help understand what produces this spatial variation, the investigators explored whether it is a static or a dynamic property of the cone mosaic...
- Intraobserver repeatability of macula measurements by confocal scanning laser tomographyAristophanis Pallikaris
VEIC, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Am J Ophthalmol 139:624-30. 2005..To assess the repeatability of macula measurements provided by the Heidelberg Retina Tomograph II (HRT II) in normal subjects, patients with diabetic macular edema (DME), and patients with choroidal neovascularization (CNV)...
- Adaptive optics ophthalmoscopy: results and applicationsA Pallikaris
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
J Refract Surg 21:S570-4. 2005..Progress in the field of adaptive optics has offered unique solutions to this problem. The purpose of this review is to summarize the most recent advances in adaptive optics ophthalmoscopy...
- Confocal scanning laser tomography analysis of choroidal neovascularization and correlation with quantitative fluorescein angiographyAristophanis Pallikaris
Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Heraklion 71003, Greece
Curr Eye Res 34:319-27. 2009....
- The effect of ocular aberrations on steady-state errors of accommodative responseSotiris Plainis
VEIC, Dept of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Greece
J Vis 5:466-77. 2005..Fluctuations may serve to preserve image quality when errors of accommodation are moderate, by temporarily searching for the best focus...
- Correlation of diabetic retinopathy and corneal neuropathy using confocal microscopyE Nitoda
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Curr Eye Res 37:898-906. 2012..PURPOSE/AIM: To employ corneal confocal microscopy to assess differences in the extent of corneal nerve fiber alterations between diabetic patients classed according to retinopathy status and nondiabetic patients...
- Alterations in endothelial cell density after photorefractive keratectomy with adjuvant mitomycinVasilios F Diakonis
Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Am J Ophthalmol 144:99-103. 2007..To elucidate the distinct role of the intraoperative use of mitomycin C (MMC) on endothelial cell density after photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) in human eyes...