Affiliation: University of Athens
- Cranioectodermal dysplasia: a probable ciliopathyAnastasia E Konstantinidou
Department of Pathology, National Kapodistrian University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Am J Med Genet A 149:2206-11. 2009....
- Apoptotic markers for primary brain tumor prognosisA E Konstantinidou
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, National Capodistrian University of Athens, 28, Narkisson Street, Halandri, Athens, 152 33, Greece
J Neurooncol 72:151-6. 2005....
- Association of hypospadias and cardiac defect in a Parvovirus B19-infected stillborn: a causality relation?A E Konstantinidou
Department of Pathology, Medical School, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, 28, Narkisson Street, 152 33 Halandri, Athens, Greece
J Infect 54:e41-5. 2007..Polymerase chain reaction detected Parvovirus B19 DNA genome in tissues from the fetus and the placenta, confirming the hypothesis of an intrauterine infection...
- Caspase-3 immunohistochemical expression is a marker of apoptosis, increased grade and early recurrence in intracranial meningiomasA E Konstantinidou
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Apoptosis 12:695-705. 2007..0001 and p=0.012 respectively for ASP175). Caspase-3 may prove to be a useful predictor of early recurrence in a group of neoplasms characterized by the frequent discordance between histology and clinical behavior...
- Transplacental infection of Coxsackievirus B3 pathological findings in the fetusAnastasia Konstantinidou
Department of Pathology, Medical School, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Med Virol 79:754-7. 2007....
- Genetic skeletal disorders of the fetus and infant: pathologic and molecular findings in a series of 41 casesAnastasia E Konstantinidou
Department of Pathology, Medical School, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:811-21. 2009..Genetic skeletal disorders may be prenatally detected by ultrasonography or result in intrauterine or early postnatal death, constituting one difficult diagnostic field met by the pathologist who performs the perinatal autopsy...
- Placental involvement in glycogen storage disease type IVA E Konstantinidou
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Placenta 29:378-81. 2008..Intracellular inclusions were seen mainly in the extravillous trophoblast. Our findings suggest the possibility of prenatal diagnosis by histological evaluation of placental biopsies...
- Pancreatic aplasia in a fetus with asplenia-cardiovascular defect-heterotaxy (Ivemark syndrome)Anastasia Konstantinidou
First Department of Pathology, Medical School, National Kapodistrian University, Athens, Greece
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 82:601-4. 2008..In affected pregnancies, prenatal diagnosis is possible by ultrasonography, while prognosis and counseling largely depend upon the severity of the cardiac defect...
- Extracellular regulated kinase-2 immunoreactivity increases in parallel with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade in cervical neoplasiaV Kapetanios
5th Gynaecological Department, Elena Venizelou Maternity Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:540-5. 2008..001). In conclusion, our study found a direct relationship between the increasing grade of the dysplastic cervical lesions and the intensity of ERK2 staining, thus implying a role of ERK2 as an early event in cervical carcinogenesis...
- p63 expression in benign and malignant breast lesionsD Stefanou
Department of Pathology, University of Ioannina Medical School, Ioannina, Greece
Histol Histopathol 19:465-71. 2004..Regarding papillary neoplasms, it is possible that tumor cells acquire and exhibit at least in part a myoepithelial differentiation program...