Michael G Madianos
Affiliation: University of Athens
- Prevalence of psychiatric disorders among homeless people in Athens area: a cross-sectional studyMichael G Madianos
Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, School of Health Sciences, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1225-34. 2013..Homelessness is a chronic social phenomenon in European and other Western cities. In the recent years, the number of homeless people in Greece, mainly in Athens, is also increasing...
- Major depression across West Bank: a cross-sectional general population studyMichael G Madianos
Department of Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences, School of Health Sciences University of Athens, Greece
Int J Soc Psychiatry 58:315-22. 2012..This is the case for Palestinians. Despite the increased volume of mass media attention on this situation, little is known about the psychological effects of this condition on this population...
- Family disruption, economic hardship and psychological distress in schizophrenia: can they be measured?M Madianos
Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, Faculty of Nursing, Zografou Community Mental Health Center, University of Athens, 42, Davaki Pindou Street, Athens 15773, Greece
Eur Psychiatry 19:408-14. 2004..The results suggest that FBS differentiates objective from subjective burden. Psychological well being of carers is affected by the dimensions of perceived burden...
- Nursing students' attitude change towards mental illness and psychiatric case recognition after a clerkship in psychiatryMichael G Madianos
School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Nursing, University of Athens, Greece
Issues Ment Health Nurs 26:169-83. 2005..The group of students who failed to recognize the case vignettes satisfactorily also expressed negative views in four out of five OMI scale factors...
- Measuring acculturation and symptoms of depression of foreign immigrants in the Athens areaM G Madianos
Department of Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences, School of Health Sciences, University of Athens
Int J Soc Psychiatry 54:338-49. 2008..Acculturation has also been linked with stress-related psychological disorder and depression...
- Depression and economic hardship across Greece in 2008 and 2009: two cross-sectional surveys nationwideMichael Madianos
Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:943-52. 2011..The purpose of this study was to explore the consequences of this condition and the ways are reflected in the prevalence of MDE during these two critical years...
- Attitudes toward help-seeking and duration of untreated mental disorders in a sectorized Athens area of GreeceMichael G Madianos
The School of Health Sciences, Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, Zografou Community Mental Health Center, University of Athens, 42 Davaki Pindou Street, 157 73, Athens, Greece
Community Ment Health J 47:583-93. 2011..The development of liaison and outreach activities could also prevent prolonged delays in psychiatric treatment...
- Mental health treatment fearfulness and help-seekingAphroditi Zartaloudi
Department of Psychiatry, Sismanoglio General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:662-9. 2010..Reducing the delays in individuals initiating treatment requires clearer understanding of the contributing factors...
- "On the spot" interventions by mental health nurses in inpatient psychiatric wards in GreeceEvmorfia Koukia
Lecturer in Psychiatric Nursing, University of Athens, Greece
Issues Ment Health Nurs 30:327-36. 2009..The need for specialized training was noticed and problems like accountability, autonomy, and medication administration, were considered crucial by the mental heath nurses...