Stella Maria G Kyvelou
Affiliation: University of Athens
- Effects of antihypertensive treatment with angiotensin II receptor blockers on lipid profile: an open multi-drug comparison trialStella Maria G Kyvelou
Hypertension Unit, 1st Cardiology Department, Athens University, Hippokration Hospital, Greece
Hellenic J Cardiol 47:21-8. 2006..This study was conducted to evaluate blood pressure control and the plasma lipid profile in hypertensive patients after six months' treatment with ARB...
- Beneficial effects of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker antihypertensive treatment on inflammation indices: the effect of smokingStella Maria G Kyvelou
Hypertension Unit, First Cardiology Department, Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, First Cardiology Department of Onassis Cardiosurgery Center, Athens, Greece
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:21-7. 2007..05), indicating that the ARB or ARB/diuretic anti-inflammatory effect may be adversely affected by smoking status...
- Beneficial effect of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker antihypertensive treatment on arterial stiffness: the role of smokingGregory P Vyssoulis
Hypertension Unit, First Department of Cardiology, University of Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 10:201-7. 2008..05). Chronic ARB treatment may favorably affect arterial stiffness and wave reflections in hypertensive chronic smokers with elevated plasma renin levels...
- Nocturnal blood pressure fall and metabolic syndrome score in hypertensive patientsGregory P Vyssoulis
Hypertension Unit 1st Cardiology Clinic Athens University, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
Blood Press Monit 12:351-6. 2007..The purpose of this study is to investigate any possible association of different dipping patterns to MS scores in untreated patients with essential hypertension...
- Microalbuminuria and global myocardial function in patients with essential hypertension [correction of hypertensive]P Vyssoulis
Hypertension Unit, 1st Cardiology Clinic Hippokration Hospital, Athens University, Greece
Int J Cardiol 126:268-72. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the possible correlation of Tei index to microalbuminuria, which is an indice of kidney target-organ damage in hypertensive patients...