Affiliation: University of Athens
- Christopoulos P, Msaouel P, Koutsilieris M. The role of the insulin-like growth factor-1 system in breast cancer. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:43 pubmed publisher..In this review, we provide an overview and concise update on the function and regulation of IGF-1 as well as the role it plays in breast malignancies. ..
- Gkioka E, Msaouel P, Philippou A, Vlaghogiannis N, Vogkou C, Margiolis A, et al. Review: The Role of Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 Signaling Pathways in Uterine Leiomyoma. In Vivo. 2015;29:637-49 pubmed..Herein, we provide a concise update and overview of the function and regulation of IGF-I and its role in leiomyoma growth. ..
- Vassilakos G, Philippou A, Koutsilieris M. Identification of the IGF-1 processing product human Ec/rodent Eb peptide in various tissues: Evidence for its differential regulation after exercise-induced muscle damage in humans. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2017;32:22-28 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study possibly imply that the post-translational modification of the IGF-1Ec pro-peptide may regulate the bioavailability and activity of the processing product(s). ..
- Christopoulos P, Vlachogiannis N, Vogkou C, Koutsilieris M. The Role of the Androgen Receptor Signaling in Breast Malignancies. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6533-6540 pubmed..Herein, we review the role of AR signaling in BrCa and the molecular cross-talk mechanisms with other molecules/pathways, as well as its therapeutic implications in the different subtypes of the disease...
- Gravani F, Papadaki I, Antypa E, Nezos A, Masselou K, Ioakeimidis D, et al. Subclinical atherosclerosis and impaired bone health in patients with primary Sjogren's syndrome: prevalence, clinical and laboratory associations. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:99 pubmed publisher..Wnt signaling mediators are potentially involved in the pathogenesis of both entities. ..
- Papaoiconomou E, Lymperi M, Petraki C, Philippou A, Msaouel P, Michalopoulou F, et al. Kiss-1/GPR54 protein expression in breast cancer. Anticancer Res. 2014;34:1401-7 pubmed..Herein, we investigated the protein expression of Kiss-1 and its receptor GPR54 in breast cancer tissues compared to non-cancerous mammary tissues...
- Christopoulos P, Papageorgiou E, Petraki C, Koutsilieris M. The COOH-terminus of the IGF-1Ec Isoform Enhances the Proliferation and Migration of Human MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2899-2912 pubmed..hEc stimulates the proliferation and migration of MCF-7 breast cancer cells and enhances the intracellular ERK1/2 signaling. ..