Affiliation: University of Athens
- Management of cystic and solid pancreatic incidentalomas: a review analysisT Karatzas
Second Propedeutic Department of Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
J BUON 18:17-24. 2013..The present study should serve as a general guide and not applied as strict principles. Key words: cystic pancreatic incidentalomas, diagnostic approach, management, solid pancreatic incidentalomas...
- Radical nephrectomy with transperitoneal subcostal incision for large and locally advanced tumors of the right kidneyJohn Anastasiou
First Department of Urology, University of Athens Medical School, Laiko General Hospital, Ag Thoma 17, Goudi, 115 27 Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 32:5023-9. 2012..Aim: To present our experience with radical nephrectomy using a right subcostal incision with a transperitoneal approach in patients with very large tumors of the right kidney...
- Unique presentation of a giant mediastinal tumor as kyphosis: a case reportEleftherios D Spartalis
Second Department of Propedeutic Surgery, University of Athens, Medical School, Laiko General Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Med Case Reports 6:99. 2012..abstract:..
- Changes of blood biochemistry in the rabbit animal model in atherosclerosis research; a time- or stress-effectIsmene A Dontas
Laboratory of Experimental Surgery and Surgical Research NS Christeas, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
Lipids Health Dis 10:139. 2011..The aim of the present study was to assess the consistency of the biochemical profile of New Zealand White rabbits on standard diet from 3 to 6 months of age, during which they are often used experimentally...
- Comparative antilipidemic effect of N-acetylcysteine and sesame oil administration in diet-induced hypercholesterolemic miceLaskarina Maria Korou
Department of Experimental Surgery and Surgical Research NS Christeas, Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Lipids Health Dis 9:23. 2010..There is an increasing number of novel antilipidemic therapies under consideration. The putative hypolipidemic effect of N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and sesame oil was studied in a mouse model of dietary-induced hypercholesterolemia...
- Differential effect of Pistacia vera extracts on experimental atherosclerosis in the rabbit animal model: an experimental studyKaterina A Marinou
Laboratory of Experimental Surgery and Surgical Research Christeas Hall, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
Lipids Health Dis 9:73. 2010..The effects of the methanolic (ME) and cyclohexane (CHE) extracts of the Pistacia vera nut, often included in the Mediterranean diet, were studied in the rabbit model of atherosclerosis...
- Improving the organ transplantation program in Greece: institution of local transplant coordinators' networkT Karatzas
Laikon General Hospital, 2nd Department of Propedeutic Surgery, Athens University School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Transplant Proc 39:793-6. 2007..This substantial increase was achieved by the institution of TxC network...
- Giant pedunculated hepatocellular carcinoma with hemangioma mimicking intestinal obstructionTheodore Karatzas
2nd Propedeutic Department of Surgery, Laiko General Hospital, University of Athens, Medical School, Athens, Greece
BMC Gastroenterol 11:99. 2011..Only sporadic cases have been published, in which P-HCC was combined with other liver tumors (mostly benign), making the diagnosis difficult...
- Advanced donor age alone is not a risk factor for graft survival in kidney transplantationT Karatzas
Second Propedeutic Department of Surgery, University of Athens, Medical School, General Hospital Laïko, Athens, Greece
Transplant Proc 43:1537-43. 2011..The risk of kidneys from elderly donors as well as expanded criteria donors (ECDs) on kidney transplant outcome was investigated...
- Optimal utilization of expanded criteria deceased donors for kidney transplantationTheodore Karatzas
Second Propedeutic Department of Surgery, University of Athens, Medical School, General Hospital Laïko, 17 Agiou Thoma str, 11527 Athens, Greece
Int Urol Nephrol 43:1211-9. 2011..The impact of donor risk variables on kidney transplantation (KTx) outcome was investigated...
- An easy and safe model of kidney transplantation in ratsTheodore Karatzas
2nd Department of Propedeutic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
Microsurgery 27:668-72. 2007..The technique is easy, reliable, and can be routinely applied to other microvascular transplantation procedures...
- Higher incidence of tall cell variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma in graves' diseaseGeorgios Boutzios
1 Endocrine Unit, Department of Pathophysiology, Laikon General Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Thyroid 24:347-54. 2014..Aggressive variants of PTC, such as the TCV, were more frequent in nodular micro-PTC. These findings suggest that prompt and meticulous evaluation of nodules in any patient with GD associated with nodular alterations must be considered. ..
- Bilateral versus unilateral papillary thyroid microcarcinoma: predictive factors and associated histopathological findings following total thyroidectomyTheodore Karatzas
Second Department of Prοpedeutic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Laikon General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hormones (Athens) 12:529-36. 2013..This study investigated the rate and predictive factors of bilateral versus unilateral PTMC with the objective of identifying those patients who may benefit from total thyroidectomy...
- Risk factors contributing to the difference in prognosis for papillary versus micropapillary thyroid carcinomaTheodore Karatzas
Second Department of Propedeutic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Laikon General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Am J Surg 206:586-93. 2013..Risk factors associated with differences in clinical and pathologic features were analyzed to provide appropriate surgical management...
- Neglected papillary thyroid carcinoma seven years after initial diagnosisEleftherios D Spartalis
Second Department of Propedeutic Surgery, Laiko General Hospital, University of Athens, Medical School, 11527 Athens, Greece
Case Rep Oncol Med 2013:148973. 2013..After bleeding management, patient was discharged. The patient was fully aware of her situation, but she denied any further therapeutic management...
- Co-existence of hepatocellular adenoma and focal nodular hyperplasia in a young femaleDimitrios Dimitroulis
Dimitrios Dimitroulis, Panagiotis Lainas, Petros Charalampoudis, Theodore Karatzas, Nikolaos Karidis, Gregory Kouraklis, 2nd Department of General Surgery, Laiko Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, 11527 Athens, Greece
World J Hepatol 4:314-8. 2012..The uncertainty in diagnosis and acuteness of presenting symptoms were established criteria for prompt surgical intervention...