Affiliation: University of Athens
- ERCC1 expression correlated with EGFR and clinicopathological variables in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. An immunocytochemical study on fine-needle aspiration biopsies samplesA Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology Cytopathology, Medical School University of Crete, Crete, Greece Electronic address
Rev Port Pneumol . 2014..We investigated the expression of ERCC1 in correlation with EGFR expression and clinicopathological factors in patients with NSCLC in order to determine if these play a role in the prognosis of the disease...
- Myoepithelial carcinoma of the parotid glandA Kalogeraki
University of Crete, Medical Faculty, Department of Pathology Cytology, PO Box1393, Heraklion, 71110 Crete, Greece
Malays J Pathol 36:51-4. 2014..This case illustrates that cytological features in FNAB generally reflect the histology. FNAB was able to confirm the diagnosis and guide patient management. ..
- Extra-nodal primary diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the maxilla. Fine needle aspiration cytologyAlexandra Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology Cytology, Medical Faculty, University of Crete, PO Box1393, Heraklion, 71110 Crete Greece
Stomatologija 15:58-60. 2013..The fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) in conjunction with immunocytochemistry can distinguish between benign and malignant lymphoid infiltrates and support a diagnosis of extra-nodal diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. ..
- Familial mesothelioma in first degree relativesAlexandra M Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology Cytopathology, Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Diagn Cytopathol 41:654-7. 2013..Several reports of familial aggregations of mesothelioma strongly support that genetic factors in collaboration with environmental exposure may contribute etiologically to an as yet unknown fraction of occurrence of this disease...
- Cytologic diagnosis of spinal cord ependymoma in cerebrospinal fluidA Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology Cytopathology, University of Crete, Faculty of Medicine, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Pathologica 104:425-7. 2012....
- Apoptosis and cell proliferation correlated with tumour grade in peritoneal fluids of patients with serous ovarian cancerA Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology Cytopathology, Medical Faculty, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Cytopathology 22:383-6. 2011..To investigate the contribution of cell death to the growth of this tumour we analysed both apoptosis and cell proliferation in peritoneal fluids of patients with ovarian serous adenocarcinoma...
- Cytopathologic interpretation of ascites due to malignancyA Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology Cytopathology, Medical School, University of Crete, Herakleion, Crete, Greece
J BUON 17:446-51. 2012..From a great many points of view malignant peritoneal fluid is suitable for continuous study of cancer cells, thus providing knowledge about biologic aspects of human solid tumors...
- Apoptosis and cell proliferation correlated with tumor grade in patients with lung adenocarcinomaA Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology Cytology, University of Crete Medical School, Heraklion, Crete, Voutes P C 71110, Greece
In Vivo 24:667-70. 2010..To investigate the contribution of apoptosis to the growth of adenocarcinoma of the lung, both apoptosis and cell proliferation were analysed for correlation with the grade of the tumor...
- Apoptosis and cell proliferation correlated with tumor grade in patients with ampullary carcinomaAlexandra Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology, Medical School Voutes Stavrakia, Heraklion, 71110 Crete, Greece
Acta Cytol 54:39-42. 2010..To evaluate apoptosis and cell proliferation on cytologic specimens (smears) from endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in patients with ampulary carcinoma and to correlate that relationship with the grade of the tumors...
- HSP-70, C-myc and HLA-DR expression in patients with cutaneous malignant melanoma metastatic in lymph nodesA Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology, University of Crete, Medical Faculty, P O Box 1393, Heraklion 71110, Crete, Greece
Anticancer Res 26:3551-4. 2006..The immunocytochemical expression of HSP-70 in the malignant melanoma tumor could be of particular value in the identification of patients with poor prognosis...
- Telomerase activity as a marker of invasive ductal breast carcinomas on FNABs and relationship to other prognostic variablesA Kalogeraki
University of Crete, Medical Faculty, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Anticancer Res 25:1927-30. 2005..005). The above results seem to be significant prognostic factors and should be taken into consideration in the follow-up of patients after appropriate treatment for breast cancer...
- Correlation of heat shock protein (HSP70) expression with cell proliferation (MIB1), estrogen receptors (ER) and clinicopathological variables in invasive ductal breast carcinomasA Kalogeraki
University Hospital of Crete, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 26:367-8. 2007..This suggests that the expression of HSP70 plays a significant role in the progression of human breast cancer, and might prove useful in many other malignancies as an important marker for the outcome of the disease...
- Bcl-2 expression as an apoptotic index in non small cell lung carcinomasA Kalogeraki
Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Crete, P.O. Box 1393, TT 71110, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
In Vivo 15:53-6. 2001..For the quantitative analysis of our results, we used the t-test and the difference between those two histologic types was regarded as statistically significant with p < 0.001...
- Topoisomerase II alpha expression in breast ductal invasive carcinomas and correlation with clinicopathological variablesA Kalogeraki
University of Crete, Medical Faculty, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
In Vivo 19:837-40. 2005..005). Increased topo IIa expression seems to be related to an aggressive form of breast cancer featuring Her2 amplification and lymph node metastasis...
- Genital tuberculosis can present as disseminated ovarian carcinoma with ascites and raised Ca-125: a case reportL G Manidakis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Heraklion, and University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Gynecol Obstet Invest 51:277-9. 2001..Intraperitoneal tuberculosis should be considered in the differential diagnosis in cases in which ovarian cancer is suspected, even when malignancy-associated risk factors are present...
- Modulation of vascular endothelium by imatinib: a study on the EA.hy 926 endothelial cell lineT Vrekoussis
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital and Medical School, University of Crete, Greece
J Chemother 18:56-65. 2006..Furthermore, apoptotic activity was detected in imatinib-treated cells. Altogether our results support an antiangiogenic profile for imatinib that possibly contributes to its therapeutic potential...
- Proliferative activity (Ki-67), WT p53, Bcl-2 expression and their relationship to the tumor grade, in invasive ductal breast carcinomasA Kalogeraki
Medical School, University of Crete, Greece
In Vivo 16:141-4. 2002....