Affiliation: University of Athens
- Aggression, impulsivity, plasma sex hormones, and biogenic amine turnover in a forensic population of rapistsOrestis Giotakos
Psychiatric Department of the General Army Hospital, Tripolis, and Prison of Tripolis, Greece
J Sex Marital Ther 29:215-25. 2003..Nevertheless, aggression-impulsivity scores were clearly associated with luteinizing hormone levels. This association may indicate a hyperactive hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis, possibly the result of a reduced serotonergic activity...
- Narrow and broad definition of mixed-handedness in male psychiatric patientsO Giotakos
Psychiatry Department, Tripolis Army Hospital
Percept Mot Skills 93:631-8. 2001....
- Crossed hand-eye dominance in male psychiatric patientsOrestis Giotakos
Psychiatry Department, Research and Prevention Unit, Tripolis Army Hospital
Percept Mot Skills 95:728-32. 2002..These findings further support the evidence of an anomaly in hemispheric lateralization among different psychiatric populations, particularly among those with psychotic symptoms and cognitive deficits...
- Handedness and hobby preferenceOrestis Giotakos
Tripolis Army Hospital, Greece
Percept Mot Skills 98:869-72. 2004..The findings support evidence that handedness is associated with hobby preference...
- Sex hormones and biogenic amine turnover of sex offenders in relation to their temperament and character dimensionsOrestis Giotakos
Psychiatric Department, Athens University Medical School, Eginition Hospital, 2 Erifilis str, 11634 Athens, Greece
Psychiatry Res 127:185-93. 2004..In addition, low serotonin turnover and low dopamine turnover seem to be associated with a passive-avoidant behavioral style in rapists and child molesters, respectively...
- Parenting received in childhood and early separation anxiety in male conscripts with adjustment disorderOrestis Giotakos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychiatry Research and Prevention Unit, 411 Tripolis Army Hospital, Tripolis 22100, Greece
Mil Med 167:28-33. 2002..These findings are in agreement with previous findings in patients with depression and anxiety disorders...
- Suicidal ideation, substance use, and sense of coherence in Greek male conscriptsOrestis Giotakos
Psychiatry Department and Research and Prevention Unit, General Army Hospital of Tripolis 22100, Greece
Mil Med 168:447-50. 2003..We suggest the necessity of the early detection of these high-risk behaviors applying closer monitoring and integrated prevention programs...