Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Athens
- Zografos E, Gazouli M, Tsangaris G, Marinos E. The Significance of Proteomic Biomarkers in Male Breast Cancer. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2016;13:183-90 pubmed..In this review, an effort is made to summarize the studies and results linked to the implementation of proteomics in the field of MBC detection and diagnosis. ..
- Konstantinidou M, Goutas N, Vlachodimitropoulos D, Chaidaroglou A, Stefanou D, Poumpouridou N, et al. TLR-4 and CD14 Genotypes and Soluble CD14: Could They Predispose to Coronary Atherosclerosis?. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..The studied polymorphisms ofTLR-4 showed no association with CAD. Conversely, the functional polymorphism of CD14 has a statistically significant difference in expression between healthy and affected by CAD individuals. ..
- Lyberopoulou A, Galanopoulos M, Aravantinos G, Theodoropoulos G, Marinos E, Efstathopoulos E, et al. Identification of Methylation Profiles of Cancer-related Genes in Circulating Tumor Cells Population. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:1105-1112 pubmed..CTCs is a promising diagnostic tool. The combination of genetic mutations and epigenetic aberrations specifically in CTCs, will ameliorate CRC diagnosis in the future. ..
- Galanopoulos M, Papanikolaou I, Zografos E, Viazis N, Papatheodoridis G, Karamanolis D, et al. Comparative Study of Mutations in Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Loci of KRAS and BRAF Genes in Patients Who Underwent Screening Colonoscopy, With and Without Premalignant Intestinal Polyps. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:651-657 pubmed
- Gazouli M. Circulating microRNAs in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Exp Suppl. 2015;106:197-214 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, the role of microRNAs in IBD and the most promising circulating microRNAs will be discussed that could be used as noninvasive biomarkers for IBD diagnosis. ..
- Karageorgopoulou S, Kostakis I, Gazouli M, Markaki S, Papadimitriou M, Bournakis E, et al. Prognostic and predictive factors in patients with metastatic or recurrent cervical cancer treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:451 pubmed publisher..ERCC1 N118Â N and MDR1 G2677Â T polymorphism also proved of prognostic significance for disease progression, while overexpression of III Î²-tubulin was positively correlated with chemotherapy resistance. ..
- Gazouli M, Zavos G, Papaconstantinou I, Lukas J, Zografidis A, Boletis J, et al. The interleukin-6-174 promoter polymorphism is associated with a risk of development of Kaposi's sarcoma in renal transplant recipients. Anticancer Res. 2004;24:1311-4 pubmed..In addition to the HHV-8 infection, the interleukin-6 promoter polymorphism G-174C is associated with a risk of development of KS in renal transplant recipients. ..
- Moschos M, Pantazis P, Gatzioufas Z, Panos G, Gazouli M, Nitoda E, et al. "Association between platelet activating factor acetylhydrolase and diabetic retinopathy: Does inflammation affect the retinal status?". Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2016;122:69-72 pubmed publisher..114 Î¼mol/min/ml, post-hoc Bonferroni comparison test: p<0.0001) and to NPDR group (0.147 Î¼mol/min/ml, post-hoc Bonferroni comparison test: p=0.012). The activity of PAF-AH in the plasma increases in parallel with DR severity. ..
- Tsigaridas A, Anagnostopoulos A, Papadopoulou A, Ioakeim S, Vaiopoulou A, Papanikolaou I, et al. Identification of serum proteome signature of irritable bowel syndrome: Potential utility of the tool for early diagnosis and patient's stratification. J Proteomics. 2018;188:167-172 pubmed publisher..Our results show that there is a different serum proteome signature in IBS compared to healthy individuals, as well as in IBS subgroups that could be used in the future for patient's stratification and as a diagnostic tool. ..
- Papaconstantinou I, Kapizioni C, Legaki E, Xourgia E, Karamanolis G, Gklavas A, et al. Association of miR-146 rs2910164, miR-196a rs11614913, miR-221 rs113054794 and miR-224 rs188519172 polymorphisms with anti-TNF treatment response in a Greek population with Crohn's disease. World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther. 2017;8:193-200 pubmed publisher..No correlation is detected between studied polymorphisms and patients' response to anti-TNF treatment. Polymorphism rs113054794 is not detected in our population. ..
- Gazouli M, Pachoula I, Panayotou I, Mantzaris G, Chrousos G, Anagnou N, et al. NOD2/CARD15, ATG16L1 and IL23R gene polymorphisms and childhood-onset of Crohn's disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:1753-8 pubmed..The ATG16L1 and IL23R variants are associated with susceptibility to CD, but not early-onset disease. ..
- Gazouli M, Atsaves V, Mantzaris G, Economou M, Nasioulas G, Evangelou K, et al. Role of functional polymorphisms of NRAMP1 gene for the development of Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:1323-30 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that genetic polymorphisms of NRAMP1 might be associated with susceptibility to CD. ..
- Gazouli M, Koundourakis A, Ikonomopoulos J, Gialafos E, Rapti A, Gorgoulis V, et al. CARD15/NOD2, CD14, and toll-like receptor 4 gene polymorphisms in Greek patients with sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2006;23:23-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that the G908R mutation of the CARD15/NOD2 gene, as well as the T allele and TT genotype of the CD14 promoter are associated with increased susceptibility for developing sarcoidosis. ..