Affiliation: University of Athens
- Autologous hemopoietic stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis: is it worthwile?Athanasios Fassas
Cell and Gene Therapy Unit, Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, The George Papanicolaou Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Autoimmunity 41:601-10. 2008....
- The use of liposomal daunorubicin (DaunoXome) in acute myeloid leukemiaAthanasios Fassas
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, George Papanicolaou Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Leuk Lymphoma 46:795-802. 2005..Two comparative trials are currently active in AML patients, one in children and another in the elderly, run by the international BFM and GIMEMA groups, respectively...
- Stem cell transplantation for autoimmune disorders. Multiple sclerosisAthanasios Fassas
Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Department of Haematology, George Papanicolaou Hospital, 57010 Exokhi, Thessaloniki, Greece
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 17:247-62. 2004..The clinical effect of transplantation remains to be demonstrated in comparative studies...
- Autologous hemopoietic stem cell transplantation in the treatment of multiple sclerosis: rationale and clinical experienceAthanasios Fassas
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, George Papanicolaou Hospital, 57010 Exokhi, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Neurol Sci 223:53-8. 2004..e., mitoxantrone, seems justified and is under way...
- High-dose immunosuppression and autologous hematopoietic stem cell rescue for severe multiple sclerosisAthanasios Fassas
Department of Hematology, Aristotle University Medical School, George Papanicolaou Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:701-11. 2003..e., mitoxantrone, and in about 5 years we should know whether transplantation offers more than the benefit of a transient immunosuppressive effect...
- Stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis: what is the evidence?Athanasios Fassas
Hematology Department and BMT Unit, George Papanicolaou Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Blood Rev 17:233-40. 2003..A randomized trial is now launched by the EBMT to compare ASCT to mitoxantrone, currently regarded as one of the best available treatments, in properly selected patients having high chance of response at minimal mortality risk...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis. A retrospective multicenter studyA Fassas
George Papanicolaou General Hospital, Dpt Hematology, 57010 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Neurol 249:1088-97. 2002....
- Safety and early efficacy assessment of liposomal daunorubicin (DaunoXome) in adults with refractory or relapsed acute myeloblastic leukaemia: a phase I-II studyA Fassas
Department of Haematology, George Papanicolaou General Hospital, Exokhi, Thessaloniki, Greece
Br J Haematol 116:308-15. 2002..At this dose schedule, interestingly high remission rates were achieved, justifying further evaluation of DaunoXome for the treatment of relapsed or refractory AML patients...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation in progressive multiple sclerosis--an interim analysis of efficacyA Fassas
Department of Hematology, The George Papanicolaou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Clin Immunol 20:24-30. 2000....
- Simultaneous detection of BCL-2 protein, trisomy 12, retinoblastoma and P53 monoallelic gene deletions in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH): relation to disease statusA Lazaridou
Department of Hematology, Theagenio Cancer Center of Thessaloniki, Greece
Leuk Lymphoma 36:503-12. 2000..A larger group of patients studied in a prospective manner will better clarify these issues in the future...
- Palliative treatment of painful bone metastases from non-Hodgkin lymphoma with disodium pamidronateK Pistevou-Gombaki
Dept. of Radiation Oncology, AHEPA Hospital, Aristotles University of Thessaloniki, Greece
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 21:429-32. 2002....