Michael S Economou
Affiliation: University of Ioannina
- Interferon-alpha plus lamivudine vs lamivudine reduces breakthroughs, but does not affect sustained response in HBeAg negative chronic hepatitis BMichalis Economou
Department of Gastroenterology, Polyclinic General Hospital, Athens, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 11:5882-7. 2005..Our aim was to investigate the efficacy of combination treatment of IFN-alpha and lamivudine compared to lamivudine monotherapy, after 24 mo of administration in HBeAg-negative hepatitis B patients...
- Treatment and retreatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C: 10 years clinical practice in a single centreMichael S Economou
1st Department of Internal Medicine and Hepato Gastroenterology Unit, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Liver Int 27:340-6. 2007..We sought to evaluate whether prognostic factors of therapeutic response are similar in clinical practice, where treated population is more diverse...
- Baseline cholesterol is associated with the response to antiviral therapy in chronic hepatitis CMichael Economou
First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:586-91. 2008..Our aim was to study if baseline lipids can discriminate responders from non-responders among patients with HCV infection...
- Crohn's disease incidence evolution in North-western Greece is not associated with alteration of NOD2/CARD15 variantsMichael Economou
1st Department of Internal Medicine and Hepato Gastroenterology Unit, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina 45110, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 13:5116-20. 2007..To assess the trends in the incidence of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) over 23 years in the same area and to identify genetic factors related to incidence evolution...
- Clinical course of lamivudine monotherapy in patients with decompensated cirrhosis due to HBeAg negative chronic HBV infectionSpilios Manolakopoulos
2nd Department of Gastroenterology, Evangelismos General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Am J Gastroenterol 99:57-63. 2004..We have evaluated the efficacy of long-term lamivudine monotherapy in patients with decompensated HBeAg-negative/HBV-DNA positive cirrhosis...
- The effects of chronic treatment with octreotide versus octreotide plus midodrine on systemic hemodynamics and renal hemodynamics and function in nonazotemic cirrhotic patients with ascitesGeorgios Kalambokis
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School, Ioannina, Greece
Am J Gastroenterol 100:879-85. 2005..This study evaluated the effects of chronic treatment with octreotide versus octreotide plus midodrine on systemic hemodynamics and renal hemodynamics, and function in nonazotemic cirrhotic patients with ascites...
- Role of functional polymorphisms of NRAMP1 gene for the development of Crohn's diseaseMaria Gazouli
Department of Biology, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:1323-30. 2008....