Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Athens
- Phenotypic and metabolic characteristics of women with isolated hyperglycemia in pregnancy-is the time-point important?Eleni Anastasiou
1st Endocrine Department Diabetes Center, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 90:333-8. 2010....
- Severity of coronary artery disease in postmenopausal diabetic womenKaterina Saltiki
Endocrine Unit, Evgenidion Hospital and Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Alexandra University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hormones (Athens) 7:148-55. 2008..Coronary artery disease (CAD) risk increases in women after the menopause. The aim of this study was to determine the effect of diabetes on the severity of CAD in postmenopausal women undergoing coronary angiography...
- Diurnal correlation of ambulatory blood pressure and interstitial glucose in patients with normal glucose toleranceNikolaos A Zakopoulos
Department of Clinical Therapeutics, University of Athens School of Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Blood Press Monit 13:309-17. 2008..Evidence on their diurnal association derived from frequent measurements of both variables is, however, lacking in humans...
- Circadian clock gene expression is impaired in gestational diabetes mellitusKalliopi I Pappa
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:331-5. 2013....
- The major circadian pacemaker ARNT-like protein-1 (BMAL1) is associated with susceptibility to gestational diabetes mellitusKalliopi I Pappa
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Laboratory of Biology, University of Athens School of Medicine and Laboratory of Cell and Gene Therapy, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece Electronic address
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 99:151-7. 2013..Two SNPs in the BMAL1 gene have been identified to confer T2D susceptibility. In the present study we investigated for the first time the association between the BMAL1 gene and the risk for GDM, in a Greek population...
- The adrenal gland may be a target of LH action in postmenopausal womenMaria Alevizaki
Endocrine Unit, Evgenidion Hospital and Department of Medical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Athens University School of Medicine, 80, Vassilissis Sofias Avenue, 11528 Athens, Greece
Eur J Endocrinol 154:875-81. 2006....
- Medullary thyroid carcinoma: the influence of policy changing in clinical characteristics and disease progressionMaria Alevizaki
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Athens University School of Medicine, 80 Vass Sofias Avenue, 11528 Athens, Greece
Eur J Endocrinol 167:799-808. 2012..Medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) has varying clinical course. We assessed trends in MTC presentation during the last 34 years...
- The association between glycemia and endothelial function in nondiabetic individuals: the importance of body weightParaskevi T Voidonikola
Vascular Laboratory and Endocrine Unit, Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Medical School at the National University, Athens, Greece
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:2658-62. 2008..In the overweight individuals, this association was not apparent, possibly because some of the mechanisms that mediate the effect of glycemia on vascular function are shared by obesity...
- Gestational diabetes mellitus shares polymorphisms of genes associated with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes in the Greek populationKalliopi I Pappa
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Gynecol Endocrinol 27:267-72. 2011..Thus, our data suggest that the common T2D susceptibility polymorphism of TCF7L2 (rs7903146 C/T) gene, and the G972R polymorphism of the IRS1 gene, seem to predispose to GDM in Greek women...
- Peripheral mononuclear cell resistin mRNA expression is increased in type 2 diabetic womenPanayoula C Tsiotra
Division of Basic Sciences, Hellenic National Center for the Research, Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications HNDC, Athens, Greece
Mediators Inflamm 2008:892864. 2008..These results suggest that resistin and cytokines might contribute to the low-grade inflammation and the increased atherogenic risk observed in these patients...
- Severity of cardiovascular disease in women: relation with exposure to endogenous estrogenKaterina Saltiki
Endocrine Unit, Evgenidion Hospital and Dept Medical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Athens University School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Maturitas 55:51-7. 2006..Endogenous sex steroids may be the main factor responsible, as long-term estrogen action appears to be protective. The aim of the study was to investigate the predisposing factors responsible for the severity of CAD in women...