Affiliation: National Technical University of Athens
- Increased expression of VEGF and CD31 in postradiation rectal tissue: implications for radiation proctitisG Karamanolis
Hepatogastroenterology Unit, 1st Department of Internal Medicine Propaedeutic, Laikon General Hospital, Athens Medical School, 75 Micras Asias Street, Goudi, 11527 Athens, Greece
Mediators Inflamm 2013:515048. 2013..Conclusions. Our results showed that in postradiation rectal biopsy specimens neoangiogenesis seems to be inflammation-related and constitutes a significant postradiation component of the tissue injury...
- Evaluation of acute/late toxicity and local recurrence in T1-T2 glottic carcinoma treated with accelerated hypofractionated 3D-conformal external beam radiotherapy (3D-CRT)Vassilis E Kouloulias
2 Department of Radiology, Radiotherapy Unit, Attikon University Hospital, Medical School, Athens, Greece
Radiol Oncol 47:185-91. 2013..The aim of the study was to evaluate the efficacy, as well as the acute and late toxicity of an accelerated hypofractionated 3DCRT schedule as radical treatment in patients with organ confined glottic cancer cT1-2N0...
- WELL.ME - Wellbeing therapy based on real-time personalized mobile architecture, vs. cognitive therapy, to reduce psychological distress and promote healthy lifestyle in cardiovascular disease patients: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialAngelo Compare
Human Factors and Technologies for Health HTC Centre Dept of Human and Social Sciences, University of Bergamo, Piazzale S Agostino 2, 24129, Bergamo, BG, Italy
Trials 13:157. 2012..Recently wellbeing therapy (WBT) has been proposed as a useful approach to improve healthy lifestyle behaviors and reduce psychological distress...
- Suggestion for a new grading scale for radiation induced pneumonitis based on radiological findings of computerized tomography: correlation with clinical and radiotherapeutic parameters in lung cancer patientsVassilios Kouloulias
2nd Radiology Department, Medical School, Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:2717-22. 2013..The objective of this research is the computed axial tomography (CT) imaging grading of radiation induced pneumonitis (RP) and its correlation with clinical and radiotherapeutic parameters...
- Feasibility and radiation induced toxicity regarding the first application of transperineal implementation of biocompatible balloon for high dose radiotherapy in patients with prostate carcinomaVassilis Kouloulias
2nd Department of Radiology, Radiotherapy Unit, Attikon University Hospital, Xaidari, Greece
Radiat Oncol 8:82. 2013..To evaluate the feasibility of the transperineal implementation of biocompatible balloon (Prospace) and the acute toxicity of high dose 3DCRT in patients with localized low risk prostate cancer...
- Efficacy and toxicity of radiotherapy for Graves' ophthalmopathy: the University of Athens experienceV Kouloulias
2nd Radiology Department, Radiotherapy Unit, Attiko University Hospital, Medical School, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece 1st Radiology Department, Radiotherapy Unit, Aretaieio University Hospital, Medical School, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece 2nd Opthalmological Clinic, Attiko University Hospital, Medical School, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece Corresponding author Email
Head Neck Oncol 5:12. 2013..To evaluate the efficacy, the feasibility as well as the acute and late toxicity of orbital radiotherapy in patients with Graves' ophthalmopathy...
- Efficacy, cosmesis and skin toxicity in a hypofractionated irradiation schedule for cutaneous basal cell carcinoma of the head and neck areaA Guida
2nd Department of Radiology, Radiotherapy Unit, Attikon Hospital, Medical School, National University of Athens, Greece
Head Neck Oncol 4:88. 2012..To evaluate efficacy and acute and chronic toxicity of a hypofractionated irradiation schedule in elderly patients with basal cell carcinoma (BCC) of the skin...
- Evaluation of acute toxicity and symptoms palliation in a hypofractionated weekly schedule of external radiotherapy for elderly patients with muscular invasive bladder cancerVassilis Kouloulias
Radiotherapy Unit, 2nd Radiology Department, Athens, Greece
Int Braz J Urol 39:77-82. 2013..To evaluate acute toxicity and symptoms palliation of a weekly hypofractionated 3DCRT schedule as radical treatment in elderly patients with organ confined bladder cancer cT1-2N0...
- Effect of fluconazole antifungal prophylaxis on oral mucositis in head and neck cancer patients receiving radiotherapyOurania Nicolatou-Galitis
Department of Oral Pathology and Surgery, Dental Oncology Unit, School of Dentistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Support Care Cancer 14:44-51. 2006..The aim of the study is to evaluate the effect of fluconazole antifungal prophylaxis on the severity of mucositis in head and neck cancer patients receiving radiotherapy...
- Apoptotic and inflammation markers in oral mucositis in head and neck cancer patients receiving radiotherapy: preliminary reportArsinoi Xanthinaki
Dental Oncology Unit, Clinic of Hospital Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Support Care Cancer 16:1025-33. 2008....
- Herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1) infection in radiation-induced oral mucositisOurania Nicolatou-Galitis
Dental Oncology Unit, Department of Oral Pathology and Surgery, School of Dentistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Support Care Cancer 14:753-62. 2006..The aim of the study was to investigate the incidence of herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1) infection in mucositis during head and neck cancer radiotherapy...
- Potential role of the alcohol and smoking in the squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: review of the current literature and new perspectivesAnna Zygogianni
1st Radiology Department, Aretaieion Hospital, Kapodistrian University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:339-44. 2011..Unfortunately, little is known about mechanisms and details of interaction with regard to disease outcomes, which is why particular questions must be targeted in future research efforts...
- Accelerated hypofractionated radiotherapy schedules in breast cancer: a review of the current literatureMaria Aggeliki Kalogeridi
Medical School, Kapodistrian University of Athens, Radiology Department, Greece
Rev Recent Clin Trials 4:147-51. 2009..We searched the medline (pubmed) and we reviewed all the relevant publications. We concluded that the accelerated hypofractionated schedules are safe in terms of cosmesis and effective in terms of local control...
- Three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients unfit for resection, ablation, or chemotherapy: a retrospective studyVassilis Kouloulias
Radiotherapy Unit, 2nd Department of Radiology, Attikon University Hospital, Medical School, Athens, Rimini 1, 12462 Xaidari, Greece
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:780141. 2013..The purpose is to evaluate the feasibility, efficacy, and the toxicity of three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3DCRT) in patients with advanced hepatocelluar carcinoma (HCC) and inferior vena cava tumor thrombosis (IVCTT)...
- The treatment outcome and radiation-induced toxicity for patients with head and neck carcinoma in the IMRT era: a systematic review with dosimetric and clinical parametersVassilis Kouloulias
Second Department of Radiology, Radiotherapy Unit, Attikon University Hospital, Medical School, Rimini 1, Xaidari, 12462 Athens, Greece
Biomed Res Int 2013:401261. 2013..Patients with head and neck carcinoma should be referred preferably to IMRT techniques. ..
- A hypofractionated radiotherapy schedule with 57.75Gy in 21 fractions for T1-2N0 prostate carcinoma: Analysis of late toxicity and efficacyVassilis Kouloulias
Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, 2nd Radiology Department, Radiotherapy Unit, Attikon Hospital, Athens, Greece
J BUON 19:763-9. 2014..The second endpoint was to assess a composite of biochemical and clinical failure...
- Radiotherapy combined with daily escitalopram in patients with painful bone metastasis: clinical evaluation and quality of life measurementsMaria Tolia
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, 2nd Department of Radiology, Radiotherapy Unit, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
J BUON 19:819-25. 2014..To prospectively assess the efficacy of the selective serotonin inhibitor escitalopram on painful bone metastases, in combination with external beam irradiation...
- Transformation of physical DVHs to radiobiologically equivalent ones in hypofractionated radiotherapy analyzing dosimetric and clinical parameters: a practical approach for routine clinical practice in radiation oncologyZoi Thrapsanioti
2nd Department of Radiology, Radiotherapy Unit, Attikon University Hospital, Rimini 1, Haidari, 12462 Athens, Greece
Comput Math Methods Med 2013:713420. 2013....
- Chemoradiotherapy combined with intracavitary hyperthermia for anal cancer: feasibility and long-term results from a phase II randomized trialVassilis Kouloulias
Aretaieion University Hospital, Radiology Department, Athens, Greece
Am J Clin Oncol 28:91-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate in a randomized way the clinical benefit of addition of intracavitary hyperthermia (ICHT) to a conventional chemoradiotherapy schedule in patients with T2-T3N0M0 anal cancer...
- Assessment of contralateral mammary gland dose in the treatment of breast cancer using accelerated hypofractionated radiotherapyMaria Tolia
Maria Tolia, Kalliopi Platoni, Andreas Foteineas, Maria Aggeliki Kalogeridi, Anna Zygogianni, Maria Dilvoi, Panagiotis Pantelakos, John Kouvaris, Vassilis Kouloulias, 1st and 2nd Department of Radiology, Radiation Oncology Unit, Medical School, Athens 12462, Greece
World J Radiol 3:233-40. 2011..To measure the dose distribution, related to the treatment planning calculations, in the contralateral mammary gland of breast cancer patients treated with accelerated hypofractionated 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy...
- Is early recognition of radiologically silent brain metastasis from breast cancer beneficial? A retrospective study of 22 casesKyriaki Mystakidou
Palliative Unit, Department of Radiology, Areteion Hospital, Medical School, University of Athens, Greece
Breast Cancer 11:276-81. 2004..Clinical suspicion should lead to close follow-up with multiple CT/MRI studies and cerebral spinal fluid cytology until the final diagnosis...
- Oral squamous cell cancer: early detection and the role of alcohol and smokingAnna G Zygogianni
Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Head Neck Oncol 3:2. 2011..Oral squamous cell carcinoma has a remarkable incidence worldwide and a fairly onerous prognosis, encouraging further research on factors that might modify disease outcome...
- The cytoprotective effect of amifostine in acute radiation dermatitis: a retrospective analysisJohn Kouvaris
Aretaieion University Hospital, Radiology Department, Vas Sofias Avenue 76, 11528, Athens, Greece
Eur J Dermatol 12:458-62. 2002..23 (95% CI: 0.15 to 0.34). The significant dermato-cytoprotective effect of amifostine noticed in our retrospective analysis warrants further investigation with randomised trials...
- Long-term results of LINAC-based stereotactic radiosurgery for acoustic neuroma: the Greek experienceMaria Aggeliki Kalogeridi
Radiotherapy Unit, Medical School, National University of Athens, Greece
J Cancer Res Ther 5:8-13. 2009..To estimate the value of LINAC-based stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) for the long-term local control of unilateral acoustic neuromas...
- Oral candidiasis in head and neck cancer patients receiving radiotherapy with amifostine cytoprotectionOurania Nicolatou-Galitis
Department of Oral Pathology and Surgery, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Oral Oncol 39:397-401. 2003..Oral candidiasis was reduced with amifostine cytoprotection. Oral candidiasis is suggested as an objective, early, though indirect, endpoint for amifostine's radioprotective effect on salivary glands...