Affiliation: National Technical University of Athens
- Human fibroblast alterations induced by low power laser irradiation at the single cell level using confocal microscopyEleni Alexandratou
National Technical University of Athens, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Applied Biophysics and Biomedical Optics Laboratory, 157 73 Zografou Campus, Athens, Greece
Photochem Photobiol Sci 1:547-52. 2002..Reactive oxygen species were generated as a result of biostimulation. No such effects were monitored in microscopic fields other than the irradiated ones...
- A confocal microscopy study of the very early cellular response to oxidative stress induced by zinc phthalocyanine sensitizationEleni Alexandratou
Applied Biophysics and Biomedical Optics Laboratory, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, 157 73 Zografou Campus, Athens, Greece
Free Radic Biol Med 39:1119-27. 2005..Subcellular localization of ZnPc was also studied in order to determine the primary and intermediate ROS target...
- Combination of Fospeg-IPDT and a natural antioxidant compound prevents photosensitivity in a murine prostate cancer tumour modelAspasia Petri
Laboratory of Biomedical Optics and Applied Biophysics, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Iroon Politechniou 9, Zografou Campus, 15780 Athens, Greece
Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther 9:100-8. 2012..The first one evolved the optimization of Fospeg-interstitial photodynamic therapy (IPDT) in a prostate cancer animal model. In the second one, P. halepensis bark extract, was evaluated for its potential use to prevent photosensitivity...
- Comparative characterization of the cellular uptake and photodynamic efficiency of Foscan® and Fospeg in a human prostate cancer cell lineAspasia Petri
Laboratory of Biomedical Optics and Applied Biophysics, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Iroon Politechniou 9, Zografou Campus, 157 80 Athens, Greece
Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther 9:344-54. 2012..Among them, very promising seems to be the encapsulation of the molecule into liposomes, due to the superior properties of liposomes as drug carriers...
- Topical photodynamic therapy of murine non-melanoma skin carcinomas with aluminum phthalocyanine chloride and a diode laser: pharmacokinetics, tumor response and cosmetic outcomesMaria Kyriazi
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 24:87-94. 2008..We investigated the therapeutic effects of PDT using topical application of aluminum phthalocyanine chloride (AlClPc) and a diode laser emitting at 670 nm in murine non-melanoma skin carcinomas...
- Fluorescence and absorption assessment of a lipid mTHPC formulation following topical application in a non-melanotic skin tumor modelAnn Johansson
Lund University, Department of Physics, P O Box 118, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
J Biomed Opt 12:034026. 2007..Our results indicate that this sensitizer formulation and administration path could be interesting for topical mTHPC-PDT, decreasing the effects of extended skin photosensitivity associated with systemic mTHPC administration...