Genomes and Genes
Panayoula C Tsiotra
Affiliation: Hellenic National Diabetes Center
- High insulin and leptin increase resistin and inflammatory cytokine production from human mononuclear cellsPanayoula C Tsiotra
Hellenic National Center for the Research, Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications H N D C, 3 Ploutarchou, 10675 Athens, Greece
Biomed Res Int 2013:487081. 2013..Therefore, the above increased production may contribute to detrimental effects of their increased adipocyte-derived circulating levels on systemic inflammation, insulin sensitivity, and endothelial function of these patients...
- Expression of leptin receptors in mononuclear cells from myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemiasPanayoula C Tsiotra
Hellenic National Diabetes Center HNDC, Division of Basic Sciences, Athens, Greece
Acta Haematol 114:71-7. 2005..These alterations in the expression of the leptin receptor isoforms in MDS and AML patients could suggest a potential role of leptin and its signaling in hematopoietic malignancies, which requires further examination...
- Visfatin, TNF-alpha and IL-6 mRNA expression is increased in mononuclear cells from type 2 diabetic womenP C Tsiotra
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Hellenic National Center for the Research, Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications H N D C, Athens, Greece
Horm Metab Res 39:758-63. 2007....
- Peripheral mononuclear cell resistin mRNA expression is increased in type 2 diabetic womenPanayoula C Tsiotra
Division of Basic Sciences, Hellenic National Center for the Research, Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications HNDC, Athens, Greece
Mediators Inflamm 2008:892864. 2008..These results suggest that resistin and cytokines might contribute to the low-grade inflammation and the increased atherogenic risk observed in these patients...
- Adiponectin levels and expression of adiponectin receptors in isolated monocytes from overweight patients with coronary artery diseaseAnastasios Kollias
Hellenic National Center for the Research, Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications HNDC, Athens, Greece
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:14. 2011..We aimed to determine adiponectin levels and expression of its receptors (AdipoR1 and AdipoR2) in peripheral monocytes from overweight and obese patients with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Arterial stiffness is associated with increased monocyte expression of adiponectin receptor mRNA and protein in patients with coronary artery diseaseIgnatios Ikonomidis
2nd Cardiology Department, Medical School, University of Athens, Attikon University General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Am J Hypertens 25:746-55. 2012..We investigated whether AdipoR1 and R2 mRNA and protein expression are associated with arterial stiffness, IMT and extent of coronary atherosclerosis...
- Genetic variation in the adiponectin receptor 2 (ADIPOR2) gene is associated with coronary artery disease and increased ADIPOR2 expression in peripheral monocytesIosif Halvatsiotis
Hellenic National Centre for Research, Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications HNDC, Athens, Greece
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:10. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the association of ADIPOR2 gene variations with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Stress, the endoplasmic reticulum, and insulin resistancePanayoula C Tsiotra
Hellenic National Center for the Research, Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications H N D C, 10675 Athens, Greece
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1083:63-76. 2006..This article examines the emerging role of stress on ER and its possible link with obesity, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes...
- Compound heterozygosity of a frameshift mutation in the coding region and a single base substitution in the promoter of the ACTH receptor gene in a family with isolated glucocorticoid deficiencyPanayoula C Tsiotra
Hellenic National Diabetes Center, Athens, Greece
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:1157-66. 2006..In conclusion, we provide evidence that the IGD in this previously unreported family with ACTH resistance appears to be secondary to compound heterozygosity of a coding region and a promoter mutation in the MC2R gene...